Don't know where else to put this, so figure I will just put it here.

I have a very small, core group of girlfriends. Like.... 5. Quality over quantity, right? Anyways, 3 of the 5 are married. One just recently announed back in Feb she is getting divorced. The last one is single like me.

Well, the soon to be divorcee' has been seeing someone pretty seriously since April. The single one (my wing-woman basically of the past year) just emailed me that she now has a boyfriend (just 3 weeks after starting to date this dude....). Where I was looking forward to a summer of hanging out with my single girlfriends and roaming town, I now find myself single, and single-friendless.

Sigh. I feel pretty alone at the moment. It hasn't helped that I have been on a dozen dates over the past couple months (match) and only two of the dozen have gone beyone a first date, and neither of those made it past a second date. I keep telling myself I will not settle in life anymore, but its getting pretty damn lonely and disappointing. I draw on my girl time to help out in those moments, but it seems like anytime I have a girlfriend who embarks on a new relationship, I never see them again except for once every blue moon... I realize this is not about me at all, and yes, I am happy for them and want them to find lasting love and all that.

I guess I am just tired of being alone. I don't mind not having a man in my life at the moment, but I miss my friends and having my girl time every week. So I don't know what to do... It's hard to make new friends at age 33. Not having my girlfriends around as much makes me want to find a partner, but that is for all the wrong reasons...

Just a vent I guess.

While it is much nicer to have friends to hang around with, over time you adapt to being on your own. I don't have many friends and the ones I do have I only see once in a while because we really don't have the same interests. In just a few weeks I will be taking a solo road trip for a week which I have spent a lot of time planning the itinerary and mapping out the route. Although it is scary doing this on my own, it is also kind of exciting because it is challenging...it is getting me out there, independent, not relying on anyone else to entertain me....and....I will not be held back by anyone else's schedule...I get to go at my own pace, do the things I want to do and not have to deal with someone wanting to sleep in until 10:00 am delaying the start of the day. I have done day trips on my own, go to many places on my own. However, I do not generally go out in the evening which is the time that most people socialize with their friends...but I make sure to keep myself busy during the day so that in the evening I just want to chill anyway.

There is no reason you still can't go out with your gf's is there? Also don't these new guys have friends? Throw a couple of parties and invite your single and married/coupled friends and tell them to bring cute guys with them.

I don't think you should settle until you meet me anyways!!! LOL

Stay connected to your friends no matter if they are single or not. Go to dinner and a chick flick their bf's won't like anyways or go shopping together.

There are tons of things you girls can do that won't cause problems with their bf's. Hanging out at a club with them will cause problems though.

Lost

There is no reason you still can't go out with your gf's is there? Also don't these new guys have friends? Throw a couple of parties and invite your single and married/coupled friends and tell them to bring cute guys with them.

I don't think you should settle until you meet me anyways!!! LOL

Stay connected to your friends no matter if they are single or not. Go to dinner and a chick flick their bf's won't like anyways or go shopping together.

There are tons of things you girls can do that won't cause problems with their bf's. Hanging out at a club with them will cause problems though.

Lost

And there in lies the problem Lost.... I like to go to clubs and bars and dance the night away. Things bf's aren't too keen on their gf's doing without them. Dinners and movies with the girlfriends gets old, and really, is something I can do on my own.. So I don't know.

Plus when people get attached... you go from seeing them every week, to once a month, if you're lucky. B/c they are busy doing things with their bf's. I miss seeing my girlfriends once a week or more and having my girl time. Girls suck sometimes (or at least when they first get bf's!) ;-P

Archived