Ive been reading other people's posts for some time now, I never actually felt like I needed to post my own story before.

Ill get into the story later, but relationship lasted for only 3 months.. Its been over 2 months since she broke up with me, and Im still not over her

NC for about 3 weeks now. Even though I think about her constantly, Ive accepted the reality of the situation. I thought I was doing fine, but now Im feeling down again. I still want her back and she's already moved on.

I just need to vent.

Venting is good. But what you also need is to move on. Ever been at school or work and stared at the clock all day waiting it to be over? It's hell isn't it? Same concept here.

If you want it to happen, you need to totally resign all control, stop counting days, etc. I thought I was only 12 days into NC... turns out it's been coming up on 3 weeks. Oops. Stop counting, or do so in very vague amounts of time, stop waiting, move on. You both have to get past the breakup entirely if you want reconciliation.

This is always tough to do no matter what. Unfortunatley the only way you'll feel better is through time and doing things that make you happy.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? What makes you happy? Whatever is make a conscious effort to give that certain thing more time. Make time for it and be disciplined about it!

For example to get over someone that I was with for 3 years, I started going to the gym. I took pride in the effort I was putting in and the results I was getting out of it. I've been going for 2 years now almost 4 days a week. I look great and feel great.

So, try and find what makes you happy and do it. It will make it so much easier to get over this girl.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Archived