I don't know what to do..

hotmailv2

hi,

so here's my story:

Everything was going great.

We were having lunch at a restaurant with my girlfriend.

We were talking about how her's romanian photographer (she models) was proud of her country and didn't see it as third world and we were just having a discussion abt patriotism. We were using different examples from different people.

The term "she" was used by me referring to another day a couple of weeks ago when i was having lunch with a bunch of my uni friends about a female that was admitting her country was third world and messed up in some ways, who joined in a group of 12 other people around the table after lunch finished as she was one of my friend's girlfriend.

Then my girlfriend went absolutely bat * * * * crazy and started questioning me and charged out of the restaurant to go home. My guess is because she thought I was cheating on her or something along those lines even though the mention of the word "she" was in the context of a group conversation.

Then she insulted my university, said she had to be asked permission if someone wanted to invite their female friends or girlfriends to join in even large groups of people.

With this in mind should I forbid her too, to ever talk to a single male without my permission? Is this normal?

Sorry I will elaborate - that sounded a bit rude...but nobody should be treated that way, dictated to about things like that...just sounds like you'd be walking on eggshells every time you opened your mouth...

And when you said she was a model, I couldn't help thinking of Naomi Campbell acting like a spoilt diva sorry! But I don't know the girl, from what you've written though it just sounds pretty bad... Eclipse x

Sounds like a piece of work. All you can do is assure her that you are not cheating on her and that you were talking to the girl as part of a larger group of people.

As for telling her not to talk to single guys without your permission, resist the urge. She'll just scream about you "controlling" her and do it anyways. Just take the moral high road and you'll be fine. You did nothing wrong, so its her problem.

I really hate to question you... but... are you sure you understood correctly? Or is there a piece of the story that is being left out?

Of course it's completely unreasonable to ask you not to talk to 1/2 of the world's population. Are you allowed to talk to your Grandma? 'Cause what if she is single? Can you talk to MY Grandma?

It's bad enough that she wants to control YOU - but she wants to control your friends too? Your friends cannot invite thier girlfriends over?? Clearly you must have misunderstood.

I said things exactly as she phrased them, we've been together for a year and a half and most of the time she's wonderful.. I love her so much and I've explained to her hundreds of times that I don't give a rat's ass about any other girl on the planet.. She is ok with me talking to the females she "certifies", some of my friends back home, my family obviously, but when it's about any other female this rage fills her eyes..

It pisses me off and we have fights over it, don't get me wrong but there's a limit.. I just thought maybe I was crazy or something for thinking it isn't normal and decided to post on an anonymous forum for help and opinions. She's more than worth the trouble but I just don't know how to go about it, should I just not tell her anything related to females? should I just wait for her to properly trust me and stop caring so much? It's not like I actually care, I have my guy friends..

If you don't care too much, you love the rest of the stuff about her and you have been happy so far then I'd just speak to her about it rather than saying, nothing involving females must ever come out of your mouth...I think you just need to talk about it with her...best of luck Eclipse x

Archived