My Emotional Control is Ridiculous.

nltsyc

Ok, I can't do this anymore. I need some kind of emotional control in my life. I have to stop crying. When I fall into depression for some reason it takes all my willpower to not break down and cry. It has gotten more and more frequent that I am afraid that I will randomly break down infront of people. I have started gogin out with friends less because of this

It has gotten so bad that I have to cry before I go to bed or I know I won't last through the next day when I wake up.

During the school year I was going to the counseling services at my college for help with depression, suicidal thoughts, and cutting. So i am working through this stuff but I just need some tips on ways to not cry.

This sounds so silly when I read it.

I don't even know if this is where I should post this.

Please anything that can help. I am so tired of this. Even though it's anonymous, it is still hard to admit to crying being a guy.

Do you cry because of sadness or because of depression? Best way to stop crying is to let it out for once and all. Just cry all your heart out, and loudly until its out of your system. That should help. Next try looking at the reasons of why you cry in the first place and then try tackling and working on them things.

Do you cry because of sadness or because of depression? Best way to stop crying is to let it out for once and all. Just cry all your heart out, and loudly until its out of your system. That should help. Next try looking at the reasons of why you cry in the first place and then try tackling and working on them things.

I agree...after my wife died, I cried uncontrollably for months. But I never once tried to keep it bottled up. I felt drained after, but not so depressed.

Try to determine tthe cause, and work backwards from there.

I don't know really. I am sad and depressed. It is like a landslide that just keeps building momentum and there is nothing I can do to stop it. The things that I think I need to work on I don't think I will ever get. I have cried at times for so long and I thought that would help. it only does for a while and then it starts all over again.a

I agree...after my wife died, I cried uncontrollably for months. But I never once tried to keep it bottled up. I felt drained after, but not so depressed.

Try to determine tthe cause, and work backwards from there.

I can't pinpoint it. I think I know why and face it but it just comes back.

You're crying because whatever it is, is still in you, When i say you need to cry it all out, i mean it literally

..You really DO have to cry it all out, so much that there is nothing else left there anymore, trust me, when you have cried so much that nothing comes out nomore, THAT is when the crying thing will go away,and everytime your trigger starts trigging you - this time the crying feeling won't be there. But it can be dangerous because the crying emotion may get substituted for something else, which can be equally as unhealthy as crying. Point is tho, if its specifically the crying you're trying to stop then yeh you have to cry it out, not like little crys for a few minutes...but take hours or even days. Depends on how much there is inside of you.

Sometimes tho crying is a good thing, its like a defence mechanism of your body, whatever it is that is upsetting you, you don't kno how to deal with it so you cry, its like maybe a release, so in that way it can be good. I don't think its anything to be embarrassed about, guys can cry too.

Also, maybe you should try and get councelling again, maybe people who are trained would be able to lock down your problem and help you overcome it.

I have let myself cry all night before. I don't understand what is going on. I know what I think some of the stuff is but there is nothing I can do to fix it. So I can never really cry it out because it doesn't go away.

I really would like to return to counceling because it made me approach and think about things in ways that I normally wouldn't think of, but I have to wait until the beginning of the new semester.

Archived