Moving in Together

Ive been with my partner for 2 months now, and things are going exceptionally well. We were in love after a few weeks. Both of us were not looking for relationship but things just unfolded naturally. I stay at her place almost every night. I tend to move quite slow in a relationship at first but this has just developed this way.

It seems like she wants us to move in together, I know its the honeymoon stage, but we both share the same values, goals, objectives, morals etc...

I own a property which is about to be sold, originally I was going to purchase a condo, but with our current situation staying together doesnt seem unreasonable.

Is it to soon to move in together or is this just how things should progress?

Your thoughts are appreciated!!

Two months would be waaay to soon for me, personally. I can't say if it's too soon for you. Could be just fine. Could be a disaster. I know 2 people that did move in with their SOs fairly early (not as early as 2 months) and one relationship ended, one has lasted. Maybe sharing a place is not THAT big of a variable, meaning if you guys are going to last anyway, then I don't think moving in together after 2 months will wreck your relationship. But how can you tell after just 2 months (still in the honeymoon stage as you've said) if this relationship has a long future or not?

If you moved in together, would you be moving into her place? Is that why you're wondering about purchasing the condo or not?

Two months would be waaay to soon for me, personally. I can't say if it's too soon for you. Could be just fine. Could be a disaster. I know 2 people that did move in with their SOs fairly early (not as early as 2 months) and one relationship ended, one has lasted. Maybe sharing a place is not THAT big of a variable, meaning if you guys are going to last anyway, then I don't think moving in together after 2 months will wreck your relationship. But how can you tell after just 2 months (still in the honeymoon stage as you've said) if this relationship has a long future or not?

If you moved in together, would you be moving into her place? Is that why you're wondering about purchasing the condo or not?

Well I dont know if its tsill the honey moon stage, to be honest im not a huge believer in the honeymoon stage, typically in any relationship ive been in the first few months are exactly like the rest of the relationship, and yes you're correct I would be staying at her place, which is why im wondering if I should purchase the condoo or not.

The answer to this is to ask yourself the same question.

How do you feel about moving in with her?

You have explained that you love her so is there any doubt at all ?

x

I dont have any doubts to be honest, should I bring it up 'officially' seeing as its her place?

Ive been with my partner for 2 months now, and things are going exceptionally well. We were in love after a few weeks. Both of us were not looking for relationship but things just unfolded naturally. I stay at her place almost every night. I tend to move quite slow in a relationship at first but this has just developed this way.

It seems like she wants us to move in together, I know its the honeymoon stage, but we both share the same values, goals, objectives, morals etc...

I own a property which is about to be sold, originally I was going to purchase a condo, but with our current situation staying together doesnt seem unreasonable.

Is it to soon to move in together or is this just how things should progress?

Your thoughts are appreciated!!

You are thinking way to far ahead right now. At two months you barely know this person. You need to slow your roll and think this through.

You are thinking way to far ahead right now. At two months you barely know this person. You need to slow your roll and think this through.

I totally agree. You may not believe in the honeymoon period but that is exactly what you are currently in. Everything is moving way too fast. You might find out that SHE is the one who loses interest once the honeymoon period is over after you have moved in. If you want to purchase a condo then purchase a condo..don't put your plans on hold simply because at 2 months in she wants you to move in. You have no idea how this is ultimately going to play out. If she kicks you out of her place at 6 months where would you go?

My ex and I moved in together 6 months after we started dating. We just broke up after 4 1/2 years. I dont regret living with him. I really loved every moment.

I do think it changes the dymanics of things. When were were fighting, you work it out, not break up. When things were good, I dont think he ever saw a reason to get married.

I dont know how it would have been different had we not moved in together.

Archived