what's your opinion on online dating/making friends?

xyzzzz

. . . Or only those who are sort of social failure in real life need to do this through internet?

It's become a lot more mainstream over the past several years. It's not just for nerds anymore.

For example, take a look at the popularity of Facebook. Everyone is on it now (except me, because I'm a rebel).

I think it's great and many people I've known have had success with it. Just look at all the people on ENA who have met their SOs online.

Personally, I probably wouldn't do it. I'm not even sure I can articulate why. Perhaps it takes a special type of confidence to try such a modern method of dating.

It's just the same as meeting people in the real world. People both online and offline can be just as jacked up either way so it's no different. It was always easier for me to meet people online first and then in person. Honestly, I'm not very comfortable approaching women on the street and spitting game off the fly unless I get a little feedback. I'll wave, I'll say hi and I will approach if encouraged (She waves, smiles or at least puts off the body language indicating that she might be interested.)

It was always easier for me to meet people online first and then in person. Honestly, I'm not very comfortable approaching women on the street and spitting game off the fly unless I get a little feedback.

I totally understand. I cant just walk up to a girl and have a full blown conversation. Chatting with them online first is always easier in my eyes.

I think I'd find it stressful. I haven't tried it and I'm not against it, I actually think it's a good idea. There is a part of me where I still hope I'll bump into the right guy while I turn a corner and he turns the same corner from the other direction and everything gets really clumsy but aaahh..love is born. And it's all so cinematic in my head. Or I imagine these old black and white films where everything is so intense, he saves me from a car accident and we find that home we've been looking for in each other's arms...aaahhh *wishful sigh*

I met someone truly fantastic through Craigslist, and we've been together for 3 very happy years now. Maybe divine intervention, but this was a person that I knew from moment one they contacted me that I wanted to get to know. I was literally giddy with her, and still am.

Of course, that took a couple months, and I weeded out 20 people I didn't meet, for 2 I did. Some of the weed outs were pretty scary too.

Archived