A girl I know at work..

shY_Dude

Hi! Its been a while since I last visited but I think Ive finally mustered up the courage to ask a girl out at work. I know her for a week now and Ive deliberately waited to give us some time to get to know each other. She's shy doesn't talk a lot but she does when I do probably because we sit face to face infront of a computer at work.

I've never had a girlfriend and am 23; however I had a long crush episode over a girl from college lasting years which hasn't helped my confidence so I need some opinions; should I ask her out now and how??

Hi! Its been a while since I last visited but I think Ive finally mustered up the courage to ask a girl out at work. I know her for a week now and Ive deliberately waited to give us some time to get to know each other. She's shy doesn't talk a lot but she does when I do probably because we sit face to face infront of a computer at work.

I've never had a girlfriend and am 23; however I had a long crush episode over a girl from college lasting years which hasn't helped my confidence so I need some opinions; should I ask her out now and how??

be careful about dating coworkers. it is sometimes forbidden at some companies. I would ask her out to something casual. Simply ask her on lunch hour that you are going to a particular place to pick up lunch and want to know if she wants to come or wants to go on a coffee run with you. If she doesn't, it doesn't mean she is rejecting you, but may just have lots of work to do. However, it will give you more confidence so that when you ask her out on a big date that it won't be so awkward. Also, it will help you determine if it is okay to ask her out.

You have only known her a week, so also try to figure out if she has a boyfriend, etc. It is also important to be very careful if this is a brand new job for you. You want to keep your job, but there are ways to find out more about her and get to know her before you take the next step.

Actually - I am confused - have you known her for years or for a week? I was confused with reading your post

i think if you feel attracted to her and her personality, then nothing should stop you asking her out. if you took too long to ask her out, she could end up seeing you as a work friend and nothing more. i think you're apprehensive about this because your shy. you know your true feelings and i think you know that asking her out is the best idea. i think you should go for it. you have nothing to lose.

I AM looking to tel her soon but I dont wanna spoil whatever little friendship we have so far in case she rejects me. Do you think I should give it a bit more time?

Time is not on your side, here. And don't start making excuses for not making a move. Check your company policy on employee dating and go for it.

Im sorry abitbroken for having confused you. The girl i am referring to is the one im looking to ask out (known her only a week). I was also talking about my past when I said i was crushing over a girl for years..

Anyway, my job is only temporary over the summer so i doubt there's any problem re company policy because its very casual..

Thanks for all the feedback and keep it coming. Im gonna ask her tomorrow after work, how does that sound?

Archived