I asked a girl out but now I feel so insecure and doubtful of myself..

Tell Me Why

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Called her and got voicemail on Friday. Said I wanted to take her out on the weekend and asked her to call me back. I still haven't heard back. Now I just feel like an idiot and I feel rejected. What should I do now?

Did you tell her you meant next weekend - that you were going away this weekend? Anyways, I hope you hear from her, but I wouldn't call again.

Still haven't heard back. At what point to I just give up? I will see her tomorrow and I hope it isn't awkward and I don't have a clue what to say to her.

Since you called on Friday, I would say if you haven't heard back by tonight to forget about it. When you see her tomorrow, just say hi, nothing more.

Looks like I'm going to forget about it. Either she's not interested or she just never got my message. I just wish if she was never interested she would have just told me up front. Now I just feel confused and hurt over this.

Well, moral of the story is. Don't dither. And stop sabotaging yourself. Stop looking for reasons to feel badly about yourself. You'll know better next time. Upward and onward.

There is a possibility that she never got the message. The last time I spoke with her she said she was horrible at checking her voicemail and sometimes forgets to check. She also says she leaves her phone at work a lot. Also, shortly after I left her a message, I ended up dropping my phone in water and it was off and not working for almost the whole weekend. She could have called back, who knows. I am going to see her today, and if I get the chance I'm going to ask her if she got my message and pose the question one final time. What have I got to lose?

Also, she could be one of those girls you really have to put in work for. Don't some girls play hard to get? Maybe she isn't the kind of girl that calls back and just wants you to arrange the details of the date in person. I'll find out soon enough when I see her today.

Well, moral of the story is. Don't dither. And stop sabotaging yourself. Stop looking for reasons to feel badly about yourself. You'll know better next time. Upward and onward.

Yes, indeed.

Insecure and non-confident guys seem to think that they just need a chance. But, even when a woman does say 'yes' and they do get a number, they don't feel any better.

Wow...I don't get this woman. I was at the gym tonight and I was working out in the weight areas. She got on an elliptical with a friend of hers who also works there. As I was finishing up I was walking in their direction, but kind of far away from them and behind them. She turned her head and looked at me from accross the room and smiled and waved at me and said hello and asked how I was doing. I waved back and responded, but I wasn't going to go up and strike up a conversation about going out on a date while her friend was there. So either 1) She never got my last message and could still be interested or 2) She tells me she'd like to get coffee even though she doesn't want to, refuses to return my call, can't tell me up front if she isn't interested, and then acts like nothing happened and is happy to see me and wave at me from accross the room.

Her behavior towards me makes it seem likes she is still interested. So how do I proceed? Should I call her again, or should I wait to see her in person and just ask her if she got my last message and if she wants to go out? Maybe she's the kind of girl who is playing hard to get by not returning calls and such but still giving off subtle signs of interest. I'd love to do some work and finally get a date, so how should I proceed?

Now I'm starting to overanalyze this and think that she isn't really interested and is just blowing me off. Don't you think she should have called me back instead of sending a text asking me to call her? She went days without returning my call and then I get a text late at night out of nowhere. Couldn't she have just called me earlier that night? Now I fear I'll call her and she'll reject me or something. I don't know. I hope not. Wish I didn't overthink things so much.

Now I'm starting to overanalyze this and think that she isn't really interested and is just blowing me off. Don't you think she should have called me back instead of sending a text asking me to call her? She went days without returning my call and then I get a text late at night out of nowhere. Couldn't she have just called me earlier that night? Now I fear I'll call her and she'll reject me or something. I don't know. I hope not. Wish I didn't overthink things so much.

I don't know what else we can say, man. *shrugs*

Archived