Girls, do you find "big" mascular men who work out in the gym sexy?

Blackey

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well most of those "average/ a little bit above average" guys that she likes most likely do work out in the gym.

Sure buff macho steroid using machomen with muscles bigger than your entire body are a turn off but girls like a guy with an "athletic" build which you get from working out in the gym.

I think it depends as to what extreme you take it. Most girls do enjoy a healthy body, and for many that includes a six pack, and at least some definition. This generally does not come from itself, and requires some time in the gym or at least that person working out. This is the difference between aiming for a muscular body, and bodybuilding. Most guys that take roids and take working out to the extreme..yeah..it's not for everyone, and that is the point where most girls feel it is too much.

No. when I see a overly muscle guy with a six pack (while nice to admire) I instantly think he's over compensating for something.

Give me a guy that has some meat on his bones, healthy, and has that natural ability to be stronger than I am, and I think that's the sexiest thing in the world.

I like all types of guys, but I'm more interested in the personality than the body. My only issue with guy that work out a lot, is that they are devoted to the gym. I understand having a passion or a goal, for example my friend that is working up to being a pro MMA fighter, his weight training is a big deal, but for the average guy more than being in healthy shape is over doing it.

I'm not too fussed on the gym rats who like to look at themselves in the mirror and kiss their muscles. I'd put them on par with those model-esque girls with inflated self-esteem who want everyone to know how gorgeous they are. It's actually kinda lame.

I much prefer a nice face and a lanky body. That's not to say I haven't wanted to have hot sex with a buff guy. I just don't tend to look for that in a boyfriend. Of course, if he were humble, then I wouldn't say no. It's just that I rarely meet a humble gym rat.

I've been told today by a friend that she does not like guys that are "buffed" from working out in the gym, and instead she prefers regular, a little bit over the "average joe" type of men. What do you think about it?

I cannot stand muscular guys, if you're fit it's one thing but honestly I love a little bit of meat to hold onto. I need a butt and a belly. Average build, soooo sexy for me.

Muscles literally do nothing for me.

No, I am weird. I hate buff guys, I think they look like big apes. I like skinny guys. The guy I like right now, my mom and one of my friends keeps telling me looks TOO skinny. I don't see it. They are both a little "thick", though, so I can see how they would think he is too skinny. No offense to them, but they keep telling me he is too skinny and I don't think he looks too skinny. One of my friends even told me he looks emaciated (he definitely does not). I prefer really thin people in general, though. I just bought a size 0 pair of jeans today and I think I look fat. Don't ask me how I managed to get a size 0, when I normally wear a size 5. I am small built, so I prefer small guys.

nope because I don't have the body of a Victoria Secret model.

Does that matter ?

Anyway, a proper representation of real life is more likely to show most girls do enjoy somewhat of a muscular body in terms of eye candy. There is however a massive difference between a gym rat and someone who works out to maintain a toned body. The first is more likely to be frowned upon, the second..is preferred.

Seems like there might be a lot of truth in this article?

link removed

I'm just a bit surprised to see the number of girls here who claim to like skinny/lanky guys, or turned off by guys who go to the gym at all.

Edit: Well, it's about faces mostly but still I think you can see how it might apply.

Seems like there might be a lot of truth in this article?

link removed

I'm just a bit surprised to see the number of girls here who claim to like skinny/lanky guys, or turned off by guys who go to the gym at all.

Edit: Well, it's about faces mostly but still I think you can see how it might apply.

That is interesting. I also prefer "baby faces" to masculine faces. I don't think it has anything to do with where I live, though. I think I am just weird. lol I'm 25 and I look like I'm 16 because I have a baby face, and I like men who look like me. In other words, I'm in love with myself. lol

See...told you I was just weird.

True enough, there are so many factors at play as far as attraction goes. Seems just a bit random for most people. Interesting that there's that trend, though.

I think it was just what dragon lady said that made me think of the article

I much prefer a nice face and a lanky body. That's not to say I haven't wanted to have hot sex with a buff guy. I just don't tend to look for that in a boyfriend.

And then from the article,

Men who are really attractive tend to be able to pursue whatever mating strategy is best for them," she added. "They are more likely to prefer short-term relationships. More feminine men tend to be better providers."

Is it true that skinny guys are just assumed to be better boyfriends or something, and more fit guys are looked at as some kind of players?

not into buff. it's kind of lame. and i can't help but assume they're vain...when a guy spends more time in front of the mirror than i do, he's an unlikely candidate for my attraction and affection.

a little tone is good. but i'm more about the face than anything, and that's something to thank or curse the genes for, not to find at the gym.

Archived