Crazy damn kids....

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
poor little one.

I heard it gets really good when they get into their "terrible twos"

I hope I get to have the experience of all this one day. I like kids.

At 2:00 this morning you wouldnt have been very happy..lol. I understand why he has the tantrums, but it doesnt make it any easier to deal with. At his age, he doesnt have the coping skills to deal with his emotions, like anger, frustration, impatience, etc. so it comes out as a tantrum. It's the only way he has of venting his feelings. I have found by trial and error that distraction works, but only to a certain point, past that point, he's gone crazy. lol Last night, nothing was working. I'd try to give him a sippy cup, bottle, toy, his ball, his balloon, he threw all of it into the floor and then proceeded to flail around on the living room carpet. So, I went outside and had a smoke. lol I turned the TV on to cartoons, which I knew would get his attention, and then when he stopped and was just fussing, I opened the door and invited him outside, which he loves. Then he wanted to hug and kiss me, so we cuddled and then he went back to bed and slept all night.

Poor baby.

Oh yea, the temper tantrums. We are heavy into this stage now. It breaks my heart to watch her throw such a fit and get so worked up. BUT on that same note I'm not going to give in every time she has a hissy becaus then she learns that is how to get her way. No way Jose! I will try reasoning with her at first, disraction next, soothing her, then if all else fails and she is just freaking out for something silly that she can't have or something (and I'm talking throw herself on the floor, flailing, screaming tantrums) I just let her be and walk away. Usually within a couple minutes (once she realizes I'm not there) she simmers down and goes on with her business. It is tough to ignore her, but I'm getting better at it!! LOL I just hate to hear any baby cry and it's maternal instict to DO SOMETHING! hehe But now I just step right over her and giggle when she stops crying and tantruming to peek over my way ans see if mommy is still watching. She's a little stubbon one!

I'm so glad my daughter never had bad temper tantrums (which is a bit shocking because my nick-name reflects the fact that I had terrible ones as a child).

She is more of a sassy-pants. She already acts like a teenager, and has since she was little. We get the "but, Mom!", and she gets really frustrated. She's learned to accept the fact when she doesn't get her way there's no point in whining about it. That's taken a few years though (she's 8 ).

Cat, can he talk yet?

Sorry, I don't know much about baby milestones, so some of my questions may seem a bit dumb.

Oh he can definitely talk, but unless you're 1 or younger I doubt you'd understand him. lol He can say dada, mama, ball, hi, byebye, uh oh, and huh?

Ack...Landon is the same way. This has just started with him, so I'm not accustomed to it yet. I know I am going to have to get thicker skin. Last night, I was bawling with him. lol And obviously THAT didnt solve anything. lol So, that is when I went outside and he calmed down.

I'm so glad my daughter never had bad temper tantrums (which is a bit shocking because my nick-name reflects the fact that I had terrible ones as a child).

She is more of a sassy-pants. She already acts like a teenager, and has since she was little. We get the "but, Mom!", and she gets really frustrated. She's learned to accept the fact when she doesn't get her way there's no point in whining about it. That's taken a few years though (she's 8 ).

Sometimes Landon looks at me like "Mom...are you freakin serious?" I have to laugh, but I keep thinking "boy-o, you are WAYYY too young to look at me like that!!!"

Oh you just wait Cat, now is when it starts coming fast. Littlepants picks up about a word a day... and repeats EVERYTHING!! Sometimes I'm just aghast at the words she says now. Birdies, Barney, Bugsy (for Bugs Bunny), Shoes, Light, and he has taken to calling Longpants Daddy-O, it is so freeking cute. Landon is coming right into that age, the words start coming fast and furious!

Ack...Landon is the same way. This has just started with him, so I'm not accustomed to it yet. I know I am going to have to get thicker skin. Last night, I was bawling with him. lol And obviously THAT didnt solve anything. lol So, that is when I went outside and he calmed down.

hahaha Too funny! I can't tell you how many times I have cried with Littlepants when she was inconsolable. It just breaks that mommy heart to hear that wailing and not be able to do anything about it!

Awww.....My Jade is still learning how to pronounce words. Because of her hearing loss she hears the sounds very different than us.

She can't say cookie.......when she says it, it sounds like a womans private part that is also another name for a kitty.

So when we are out in public and she sees a display of cookies, well you can imagine what everyone else hears.......LOL

Awww.....My Jade is still learning how to pronounce words. Because of her hearing loss she hears the sounds very different than us.

She can't say cookie.......when she says it, it sounds like a womans private part that is also another name for a kitty.

So when we are out in public and she sees a display of cookies, well you can imagine what everyone else hears.......LOL

Aww...that is hilarious, but it's so cute and heartbreaking at the same time. At least she's speaking and trying to communicate, which is great, as long as she doesnt want a cookie. lol

Oh you just wait Cat, now is when it starts coming fast. Littlepants picks up about a word a day... and repeats EVERYTHING!! Sometimes I'm just aghast at the words she says now. Birdies, Barney, Bugsy (for Bugs Bunny), Shoes, Light, and he has taken to calling Longpants Daddy-O, it is so freeking cute. Landon is coming right into that age, the words start coming fast and furious!

He is learning sign language at daycare too, now! He just started in the toddler room yesterday. He is at the stage to move up from the infant room. He's still a little too young, but he's too advanced and getting bored in the infant room, so he's wreaking havoc. Hmm...my son...wreaking havoc? No way! lol

Anyhow, they told me yesterday about the sign language and I"m like...ack...I going to have to come to daycare too, so I can figure out what the hell he's saying.

Yeah, they do signing with LP too at daycare, and I did a little with her at home before going to this particular daycare. Basically she only uses the signs for more, drink, etc. so it hasn't been too hard to keep up. In the bigger picture it can really cut down on the tantrums because the child can be understood before they can really SAY what they mean. I can't imagine the frustration level for toddlers, they know what they wnat to say and do, but can't just come out and say it because of the lack of language skills. Thus the signing has become more and more popular.

Yeah, they do signing with LP too at daycare, and I did a little with her at home before going to this particular daycare. Basically she only uses the signs for more, drink, etc. so it hasn't been too hard to keep up. In the bigger picture it can really cut down on the tantrums because the child can be understood before they can really SAY what they mean. I can't imagine the frustration level for toddlers, they know what they wnat to say and do, but can't just come out and say it because of the lack of language skills. Thus the signing has become more and more popular.

Yeah, I think it's great. She told me that Landon watches like a hawk when they sign. She said that he will probably pick it up really quickly. I'm like jsut be sure to teach me too, so I dont think that he's flipping me the bird or something and he's really just asking for more milk!

Aww...that is hilarious, but it's so cute and heartbreaking at the same time. At least she's speaking and trying to communicate, which is great, as long as she doesnt want a cookie. lol

No, she's doing really really well.

She still does speech therapy once a week. I think she will be okay in the long run. She certainly doesn't let her lack of hearing stop her from doing all her wild antics.

I think as babies, they soak up stuff/info very quickly.

I am biligual (speak Cantonese and English), and I speak Cantonese VERY fluently. I picked that up as a little one because that is all my mom spoke to me. With my brother, he doesn't speak Cantonese really well nor can he understand it really well, cause when he was a child, my mom and esp me and my dad, spoke mostly English with him.

Maybe you can start teaching him a new language soon. Cool.

oh tantrums!! goodness, bear is so funny. this is what he does when he has a tantrum:

image removed

he stops whatever he's doing when he gets mad and puts his head and hands to the floor and starts screaming and crying like that. i call him my little ostriche lol. it's so hard not to laugh during his tantrums.

dot had a tantrum recently, daddy was drinking soda and told her no she couldnt have a drink, and oh my god you would have thought he told her she was getting no toys for her birthday, lol, she let loose bloody murder screams, he was like "all i did was tell her no!" with that wide eyed deer-in-headlights look

ha ha, there is a couple stories for ya ladies =^.^=

LMAO! Shara, that pic of Bear could be Landon, he does the exact same thing. Then the more he hollers and yells, he will collapse onto the floor and start kicking his feet and rolling around and then he'll rub his face into the floor. It's funny, but heartbreaking at the same time.

Oh and Landon has that same little drum set, but it's red. lol He like to chew on the drumsticks. lol

And just like your little Dottie, once you say the awful "no" word to Landon, he gets this look on his face like you just hurt every little feeling that he has and then he screaming starts. He knows what it means and that just makes him even madder. lol

Ah....thank the gods for our babies!!

bear loves to play drums!! we have three different drum toys for him, and he also makes his own drums, lol, he hit sticks on the table and say "drum!" or he'll use his hands like bongos, and dot likes to bang the toy xylophone, they make *beautiful* music together haha

Ok, another silly toddler story... Last night on the ride home (it's a 45 minute ride, ugh!) I give Littlepants a fruit leather snack, and a nano-second later I hear a little voice from the back seat, "All gone!". I look back and say, "No way you ate that fruity so fast, you're a faker!" I look in the vanity mirror on my visor at this impish little face with a big `ol smirk on it, and all of a sudden reaches down the edge of her car seat next to her leg and whips out the whole piece of fruit leather and waves it around so I can see and disloves in peals of hillarious laughter. I bust out laughing, I couldn't believe she could grasp this concept. Then a few seconds later I hear again, "All gone!" to have her whip out the fruit leather again, but this time it had a bite out of it. Too funny! She kept herself occupied for a while telling Mommy it was "all gone" and whipping it out from hiding, each time with another bite out of it. She thought this was the funniest thing ever. Kids are soooooo funny!

Yesterday when I picked Landon up at daycare, I noticed they had changed his shorts. I asked and she said that a little girl in his class had a poopy diaper and Landon decides to change it for her. he got poop on his shorts.

Gah..he is already trying to get the little girls naked. lol

Archived