Can't tell if she's interested... doesn't seem good.

sortaconfused

A few weeks ago I had a party at my place (on-campus college apartment) and a girl there asked her friend for my number afterwards. We talked for a while and I ended up inviting her to be my date to my fraternity's formal a few days later. We had a fun there and ended up making out for a while in the room afterwards but thats as far as it got.

She came and stayed over one night during the next week and came and we watched a movie together and kissed again another day but she didn't stay over.

I've invited her over to hang out/stay over other times but she always says that she would but [insert excuse here]. I really don't have any experience with this kind of thing (this is the first girl I've even kissed in 2 years... I want to keep seeing her but I really don't know if she's interested more and I don't want to be that guy who doesn't know how to take a hint.

At this point it's been a couple weeks since that time where we watched the movie and we haven't hung out with just the two of us since then. I was going to text and see if she wanted to hang out tonight but I don't know if I should or not... any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm really in the dark here and I feel completely naive.

-sC

If she's been making excuses for weeks, I'd say she's probably not that interested anymore, to be blunt. At least if she is, she's not doing a good job of letting you know.

I would say if she keeps making excuses for one more week it's a sure thing she's not interested if you want to pursue her. At this point I would've already moved onto somebody who's more available to spend time at least talking with.

Good luck sC

I probably would have moved on too but like I said this is the first thing that's gone right for me with girls in 2 years, not for lack of trying I just don't have the confidence to talk to girls. I really don't have anything else to move on to. I'm just sick of my whole situation, I feel pathetic.

-sC

Don't get even the slightest bit desperate and start lowering your standards/expectations just because nothing's "gone right for me with girls in 2 years"... That can be dangerous and lead you to just be attracted to any girl attracted or mildly interested in you, instead of thinking about whether you actually like her or want a girl who obviously seems to busy

Yea.. I kind-of figured this was the case, I just wish it wasn't... I'm just fed up with being led on and used... I guess I just have myself to blame for being like I am but I don't know how to change it... I know that people are going to say that it's not my fault and blah blah but I don't believe that, this girl was interested in me and I pushed her away... I'm just a wierdo.

-sC

I just talked to a mutual friend and it turns out that her ex called her around the same time that she started acting differently. Doesn't really help me in the short-term but at least I don't feel like it was my fault anymore... I guess that's a plus.

- I felt like I pushed her away because that's what has happened to every girl in the past, I've always been too clingy, and she had a bad history with guys being to clingy to her. Problem is I never realize that I'm being like that until it's too late, I figured that same thing had happened again

My friend recommended that I just kind put her on the back burner for now, so I guess that's whats going to happen... There aren't really any other girls that I've been talking to or interested in anyway tho so... oh well I guess...

-sC

Archived