Girls are So Confusing...

Le MX5

The girl I like likes me back, so today I decided to ask her out. She tells me she's not ready for a boyfriend. How the hell is she not ready for one if she likes me..? Is "I'm not ready for a boyfriend" girl talk for "You're an ugly fag, never talk to me again"? And now she needs more time to think...

Can someone help me decipher this girl code, lol?

I'm guessing she's a similar age to you. So she may well be feeling shy, embarrassed, inexperienced ... any number of things.

I'm guessing that 'I'm not ready for a boyfriend' means that she isn't ready for a boyfriend. I've checked that sentence carefully, and don't see any trace of either 'ugly fag' or 'never talk to me again'

However, if you really want a girlfriend then it would probably be better to find someone else ...

Being about 20 years older than you, if I tell a bloke I'm not ready for a boyfriend then yes, that might be code for not being interested.

However, seeings as you are 13...and assuming the girl in question is too...then maybe she's genuinely not ready for a boyfriend?!!!!

We all grow up at different rates, my first boyfriend wasn't until I was 17! I don't think I would have even contemplated one at 13 and would have run in the opposite direction - wouldn't have meant he was ugly!

After she asked me for more time to think, she called me, and said yes. Though her annoying friend would have to come on dates, because her parents don't want her dating, but it's better than than being rejected in girl code, lol.

That's the answer.

She likes you but she's not allowed to date at her age.

I also wasn't allowed to date until late high school.

I agree--it was probably her parents.

Alright, here's some sage advice from someone 10 years older (haha)... I've told a lot of guys I like them but I'm not ready for a boyfriend. Sometimes it means I'm not interested, sometimes it REALLY actually means I just don't want a boyfriend. In her case, I think her parents just thought she's too young.

Group dates are fun!

Being about 20 years older than you, if I tell a bloke I'm not ready for a boyfriend then yes, that might be code for not being interested.

However, seeings as you are 13...and assuming the girl in question is too...then maybe she's genuinely not ready for a boyfriend?!!!!

We all grow up at different rates, my first boyfriend wasn't until I was 17! I don't think I would have even contemplated one at 13 and would have run in the opposite direction - wouldn't have meant he was ugly!

She's 15, she's had boyfriends before, but, she said yes, even though I'm still pondering the whole "I'm not ready" thing

She's 15, she's had boyfriends before, but, she said yes, even though I'm still pondering the whole "I'm not ready" thing

If she's had boyfriends before...

1- Were any recent? Is she still going through a bad breakup?

2- Is it possible she just wants to enjoy high school single, at least for right now?

If she said yes though, put it out of your mind for now.

I agree--it was probably her parents.

Alright, here's some sage advice from someone 10 years older (haha)... I've told a lot of guys I like them but I'm not ready for a boyfriend. Sometimes it means I'm not interested, sometimes it REALLY actually means I just don't want a boyfriend. In her case, I think her parents just thought she's too young.

Group dates are fun!

Not when the other person is an annoying control freak. Tatiana doesn't even like her at all.

If she's had boyfriends before...

1- Were any recent? Is she still going through a bad breakup?

2- Is it possible she just wants to enjoy high school single, at least for right now?

If she said yes though, put it out of your mind for now.

1. Half a month ago I think, the dude cheated on her, IIRC.

2. We're not in high school yet

1. Half a month ago I think, the dude cheated on her, IIRC.

2. We're not in high school yet

She's 15 and not in high school? Oh, okay then haha sorry.

Half a month is a VERY short amount of time so she's probably still trying to get over the douche who cheated on her. She may be finding it hard to trust boys at the moment.

She's 15 and not in high school? Oh, okay then haha sorry.

Half a month is a VERY short amount of time so she's probably still trying to get over the douche who cheated on her. She may be finding it hard to trust boys at the moment.

The whole 15 and not in high school is some complicated deal which I know nothing about, lol.

Archived