newsinglegal

hi everyone, i am not sure if this is in the right category or not...well anyway i recently broke up (was dumped) by my ex. we dated for about 4 months but we were just too different and not compatible. of course i grew to care for him as a person, but the long distance between us and differences really make this impossible. his good friend lives here, thats how my ex and i met, because he was out visiting his friend. i met my ex and his friend the same night, and liked them both, but my ex ended up asking me for my number which turned into a 4 month dating relationship. looking back, i was always attracted to his friend and seem to have more in common with him, plus he lives near me, not long distance. this is a very bizarre situation, but would it be weird to go out with his friend? what is he etiquette on this. to my defense, my ex left me, and we never fell in love...it just was not a match. please give your advice on what to do....i think i could really hit it off with the "other guy", would i tell my ex at some point??? confused!

If your ex and you broke up on good terms, I would try to call him and tell him the truth. The purpose of the call is not to ask him whether you can date the friend, because you do have every right, but rather to let him know as a courtesy, so that he would not be left in the dark and one day shockingly find out.

I don't think it's her place to call him and ask. First off, you don't even know whether he likes you or not. I think I would try and find that out and see if he would be interested in dating you. Dating him would be more between your ex and his friend whether or not he would mind his friend dating you after he did. People are different, so who knows what your ex would say. I wouldn't jump the gun and call your ex though. Once his friend gets the answer, either you can begin dating or he would have to choose between dating you or having his friend (most likely). But I do think that since they were friends first, that the decision should be between them and that you shouldn't have to directly talk to your ex to see if it's okay with him.

Archived