Same person in my dream everynight for 6+ months.

Does anyone know anything about dreams?

When I was younger I had a best friend. We lost touch when we went to different schools. This was about 8 years ago now. About halfway through last year she started coming into my dreams, not just appearing every now and then but she is the sole focus of the dream. I dream about 6 nights a week and its VERY rare if it isn't about her. I'm sick of it! It's sending me a bit crazy. Do dreams have a way of trying to tell you something?

Yes I agree with minou that it would be useful to find out what she represents to you.

I've also heard that it's the emotional content of the dream that is most important. What kinds of feelings accompany these dreams? It would be useful to start keeping a dream diary. I find the meanings of my dreams are quite transparent once I have them down on paper.

However, I've also had quite a few dreams about this random guy from high school and I CANNOT figure out why he's there, so I know it can be tricky. Another thing: you can influence the content of your dreams and perhaps having the first few dreams in a row about her has led you to expect and create more of the same over the past 6 months. Try focusing on something else before you fall asleep and see if you can dream about something different. Worth a try!

Thank you for the suggestions! It is making a little more sense when I think about the feelings that come with it. I really just want it out of there fast. Is there people that study this stuff or any way I can find out more about it? In a legit way, not just websites with made up garbage.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping because I had a strange dream. The other night I dreamt I woke up and was having labor pains. I've never been pregnant but these felt like really bad cramps. I then turned to tell the guy I like I was in labor (I was with him). A sign we are getting back or concidence? Who knows but it was so vivid and I actually felt like I was awake and in my bedroom. I've actually had dreams I was in a birthing room at a hospital I had never been to. Long story short it was the hospital near the guy I like (I looked it up).

I'm bumping because I had a strange dream. The other night I dreamt I woke up and was having labor pains. I've never been pregnant but these felt like really bad cramps. I then turned to tell the guy I like I was in labor (I was with him). A sign we are getting back or concidence? Who knows but it was so vivid and I actually felt like I was awake and in my bedroom. I've actually had dreams I was in a birthing room at a hospital I had never been to. Long story short it was the hospital near the guy I like (I looked it up).

I've had that kind of dream involving an ex, as well. I think it's representative of two things: 1) we dream of people we think of often, especially before we go to sleep, and 2) dreams involving pregnancy and birth often have to do with a fresh start or new beginning in life, not actual pregnancy. As odd as it sounds, I always interpreted those dreams as meaning that it was time to take another step forward in moving on from my ex. Like I had "our baby" (i.e. something tangible from our relationship), and now I could take that and move forward.

I've had that kind of dream involving an ex, as well. I think it's representative of two things: 1) we dream of people we think of often, especially before we go to sleep, and 2) dreams involving pregnancy and birth often have to do with a fresh start or new beginning in life, not actual pregnancy. As odd as it sounds, I always interpreted those dreams as meaning that it was time to take another step forward in moving on from my ex. Like I had "our baby" (i.e. something tangible from our relationship), and now I could take that and move forward.

Possible but it was too vivid to have been a dream. So bizarre. Strangely, I kept hearing a voice in my dream saying "give him time" was that part of my dream or my brain telling me that (in the hope he comes back). Bizarre.

Archived