Ok - Why do men always have their hand down their pants???

CatsMeeoow

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always do this, I'm not sure why. I never play with it, lol. I guess it's a comfort thing..it's warm in there. It's just automatic..never realize I'm doing it actually.

LOL! Yup that's exactly what he says! I think he actually likes it when I catch him too! ;-) Oh well... as far as bad habits I guess there are worse!

I'm a girl, and when I'm lounging etc, I find myself doing that A LOT.

My boyfriend, never does it.

I don't have anything hanging to check out.

It just depends on the person I suppose. I do it, but I'm not a guy. My bf doesn't, and he is a guy.

Not ALL guys do.

Yeah, it's the same as how girls run their fingers through their hair all the time.

I do this, A LOT. It's like a tick almost.

My ex use to get peeved when we were in public and I'd 'adjust the girls'. Just a simple straightening of the bra strap or rearranging them (because bras are the devil and sometimes NO AMOUNT of rearranging helps) and he said something to me one day.

I just looked at him and said, "When you stop putting your hands down your pants, I'll stop adjusting them." He never said anything again.

I don't care really if you do or don't. I might laugh if I walk in and your like that but doesn't matter to me.

^Haha! That's fantastic.

This thread is the best.

I can relate. I would probably rest my hands in all kinds of comfy places if I weren't conditioned to keep my hands in appropriate places! Sometimes I sleep on my stomach with one hand cupping a breast, so maybe that's a similar comfort thing to hands down the pants. My mom often sleeps with a hand cupping her breast too--we once compared all our sleeping positions and they're all the same or very alike which is kind of neat. But anyway, tangent.

It's a comfort thing....somehow

Like the abombsnowman I had my left hand in my pants but it's over to my right hip when I saw this thread

I also put my left hand under my top and around to my right side for some reason.

I think it's to keep my hands warm.

My Father would do the same thing.

Sitting on the couch topless in shorts with a beer in one hand and his other hand down his pants watching the rugby.

^Haha! That's fantastic.

This thread is the best.

I can relate. I would probably rest my hands in all kinds of comfy places if I weren't conditioned to keep my hands in appropriate places! Sometimes I sleep on my stomach with one hand cupping a breast, so maybe that's a similar comfort thing to hands down the pants. My mom often sleeps with a hand cupping her breast too--we once compared all our sleeping positions and they're all the same or very alike which is kind of neat. But anyway, tangent.

Ok this is a bit off topic BUT I saw a picture of my guys daughter sleeping... very cute but sleeping in this weird position with her hand behind her head and I thought to myself what an odd position to sleep in... UNTIL I noticed my guy sleeps in the exact same position! Weird isn't it?

I'm a girl, and when I'm lounging etc, I find myself doing that A LOT.

My boyfriend, never does it.

I don't have anything hanging to check out.

It just depends on the person I suppose. I do it, but I'm not a guy. My bf doesn't, and he is a guy.

Not ALL guys do.

Yes its clear we all have our own quirks... my bf will feel so much better knowing there are women out there afflicted too!

Too funny... how we can be wired so differently!

lol. i don't know about every other guy,

but in my case,

it became a habbit and i don't know when it started,

but its because its worm and feels comfortable,

i guess you can say its like putting your hand in the pouch of a hoodie,

a penis being there has nothing to do with it at all

I hope he washes his hands often....just imagining a guy like that not washing before he cooks, or shakes someone's hand...even uses the phone or the remote...eek.

The sad thing is when a guy does this, his hand is probably dirtier. It sounds gross to think about someone's hand going down there and then cooking or shaking your hand, but really, your hands throughout the day get absolutely gross whereas your package stays in your (presumably) clean boxers and pants, and especially if you have a desk job stays quite clean.

Just saying.

You have more ground to stand on with men who work physical labor jobs, as sweat happens and depending on the man's overall health and what his body's sweating out, that could be potentially gross.

Either way, it's not stopping me from shaking someone's hand so long as I didn't see their hand down there recently.

The sad thing is when a guy does this, his hand is probably dirtier. It sounds gross to think about someone's hand going down there and then cooking or shaking your hand, but really, your hands throughout the day get absolutely gross whereas your package stays in your (presumably) clean boxers and pants, and especially if you have a desk job stays quite clean.

Just saying.

You have more ground to stand on with men who work physical labor jobs, as sweat happens and depending on the man's overall health and what his body's sweating out, that could be potentially gross.

Either way, it's not stopping me from shaking someone's hand so long as I didn't see their hand down there recently.

Germs from everyday things that you touch don't gross me out as much (whether or not they may make you more sick) as a person having their hands on their privates and then not washing when they can come into contact with others. Naaaasty. I don't want to think that when I shake a guy's hand, he was just touching his pee-pee 5 minutes ago.

Germs from everyday things that you touch don't gross me out as much (whether or not they may make you more sick) as a person having their hands on their privates and then not washing when they can come into contact with others. Naaaasty. I don't want to think that when I shake a guy's hand, he was just touching his pee-pee 5 minutes ago.

Exactly my point. The thought of it might gross you out, but his hand probably got cleaner for touching it.

Not that it makes it any better or you'd want to shake his hand more.

Though just so you know, this probably happens 50% of the time you do shake a guy's hand. When guys know nobody's looking, even if they don't do what the OP is talking about, there's often some adjusting going on, or scratching, or whatnot. It's VERY common.

Exactly my point. The thought of it might gross you out, but his hand probably got cleaner for touching it.

Though just so you know, this probably happens 50% of the time you do shake a guy's hand. When guys know nobody's looking, even if they don't do what the OP is talking about, there's often some adjusting going on, or scratching, or whatnot. It's VERY common.

true sometimes i forget where im at, and my hand just seems to reach for down there and i remember and find myself having to pull my hand out.

lol

Wut?

It would be okay if they adjust it OVER their pants or boxers...

Wut?

It would be okay if they adjust it OVER their pants or boxers...

That's sometimes possible but if it's particularly uncomfortable or you get tangled somehow, it can get more involved and often does. Add in a propensity to reach down there in general and I would bet money of the last three men who shook your hand, at least one had their hand there in the last 15 minutes before shaking it.

I try to be as good about this as possible and wash my hands afterward, but.....reality is you're not always going from that to a sink before you shake someone's hand. Best you can do is wipe your hand on your pants and hope that's enough sometimes.

The point is that it's irrational. People cough and sneeze into their hands all day long, and they touch filthy things. Your privates are much cleaner in comparison.

Finding it nasty has nothing to do with germs. What's the difference between that body part and other body parts?

Archived