What do you guys think about this dating theory?

addictedblue

When I am interested in a guy, I tend to not bring up exes or guys I've recently dated or did anything with when talking to him. This is probably because I want the guy I'm interested in to know that I'm completely single.

Today however I was talking online to 3 different guys. I know them all from college classes and all just happened to IM me around the same time. (I'm not interested in any of them, though.) I had a recent weird dating experience with a guy and decided to tell the story to each of these 3 guys to see what their opinion was. IT WAS SO WEIRD but as soon as I told the story, all 3 chats ended with the guys wanting to go out. I don't like any of them, lol, but I thought it was super interesting!

I thought that if a guy listens to a girl talking to him about another guy, he assumes she isn't interested in him. But maybe that isn't true? Maybe when a girl talks about other guys, she looks more desirable in the guys' eyes?

Opinions?

I wouldn't confuse correlation with causation.

I don't about those guys, but my interest certainly isn't piqued by a discussion of other men. Since you were talking to them about relationships and intimacy in the first place, perhaps their pre-existing interest was merely more comfortably able to be expressed?

My biggest pet peeve about any girl, is one that goes on and on about their exes, unless of course the discussion is mutual. Otherwise, to just hear random stories about exes or guys who want them, tells me alot about the girl, and none of which are good things. So dunno about those 3 guys, but for me, it's a huge turn off.

My biggest pet peeve about any girl, is one that goes on and on about their exes, unless of course the discussion is mutual. Otherwise, to just hear random stories about exes or guys who want them, tells me alot about the girl, and none of which are good things. So dunno about those 3 guys, but for me, it's a huge turn off.

That's what I assumed about all guys...which is why I don't talk about that stuff when I am interested in the guy. I told these guys a story about someone I recently dated because I don't have interest in them. It just surprised me that they all asked me out after hearing the story.

That's what I assumed about all guys...which is why I don't talk about that stuff when I am interested in the guy. I told these guys a story about someone I recently dated because I don't have interest in them. It just surprised me that they all asked me out after hearing the story.

It's probably because their hurting to find a girl to begin with..lol..and seeing as how you don't want any of them, probably means they are nothing special and don't get many girls. So the first one that talks to them, no matter the conversation, will peak their interest.

I'm simply saying that if you actually tried this theory on a guy who knows he has options, it probably wouldn't work. At least not if you wanna be considered dating material.

idk, i feel like in this case they may have just thought it was an opener, like they were interested in you then you brought up a bad date (i'm guessing that's what you meant by weird? not really sure) so they thought it was a hint that you wanted someone who would take you on a good one

OH. Yes! This.

I think that there are people out there who become interested in a person because that person is wanted.

I do not think that was the situation in this case, these guys were already interested in you and you just told them about a story that you had previously dated. That doesnt mean that you werre currently dating a guy.

Many guys will pursue his interest until it is clear to him that he isnt going to get what he wants. The fact that you previously dated a guy isnt going to deter some guys.

idk, i feel like in this case they may have just thought it was an opener, like they were interested in you then you brought up a bad date (i'm guessing that's what you meant by weird? not really sure) so they thought it was a hint that you wanted someone who would take you on a good one

Lol it definitely wasn't a hint. I was asking advice from the 3 of them about a date that I had the night before that went really weird.

Archived