The early morning run

So I'm really busy right now, I have to work full time and then get home and do essays, but I still want to get into shape. The bus for my shift goes at 7.30, so I'd have to go for my run at 6, which means they'll be no time to eat anything before the run (but I was going to have porridge after). This is meant to be bad, isnt it? I want to steer clear of glucose products because I'm trying to lose a few pounds. Any tips, or am I better off trying to grab an hour after work?

What's wrong with eating an egg yolk?

I had a cholesterol reading just a scooch high. When I told the doc I eat eggs every day, he was confident that I wouldn't need a second reading if I'd just skip the yolks 4 or 5 days out of the week. Everything else about my diet and exercise was good.

Apparently yolks present the only cholesterol problems with eggs. I hate that, because I really love them ground up in a salad....

So I'm really busy right now, I have to work full time and then get home and do essays, but I still want to get into shape. The bus for my shift goes at 7.30, so I'd have to go for my run at 6, which means they'll be no time to eat anything before the run (but I was going to have porridge after). This is meant to be bad, isnt it? I want to steer clear of glucose products because I'm trying to lose a few pounds. Any tips, or am I better off trying to grab an hour after work?

It's actually best to eat after you work out. Your body stays in calorie-burning mode for awhile after you finished exercising which makes that time the prime time to consume calories.

Also, by "glucose" do you mean "gluten"? Glucose is a simple sugar, the kind you'd find in fruits. Porridge wouldn't have much glucose. Gluten is what is found in many grains. If you are eating oat porridge, it shouldn't be an issue because oats do not contain gluten. While some people who are actually allergic to gluten have problems with oats because they are often grown on former wheat fields, if you are just avoiding gluten to lose weight, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Sorry, by glucose products I meant those sports drinks etc that offer quick sugar for exercise. But I want the energy to come from my fat cells

Thanks for the advice. I found running fine this morning; I ate a good pasta dinner so I had lots to work on. It was nice to come back to a hot bowl of porridge, too. Hopefully these last 10 pounds will fly off!

Archived