Once his feelings are gone, is it over for good?

He broke it off last September with me because his feelings have changed for me. I treated him horribly during the 8 month relationship. He told me to let go.

I went NC for 2 months, and he decided to check up on me. Lately, we don't speak much but there isn't any resentment on either sides. I think he's just over it.

I plan to hang out with him soon and hopefully become better friends with him. I've made alot of changes since the last time we saw eachother 5-6 months ago.

I know I should get rid of this hope..but is it impossible to regain trust and feelings once gone?

Trust isn't bound to having feelings for someone, but it's quite difficult to have feelings and a healthy relationship without some smidgen of trust.

What exactly are you hoping for? I don't think it's the wisest thing to do, to go into a friendship with you ex expecting a relationship. You may have made changes but that doesn't mean he'll necessarily want to be with you, you know?

If you want to be his friend, don't expect anything more - let it happen if it does, but don't hold it against him if he doesn't want something more.

If you are looking to see if he has regained his feelings then you may be walking into a landmine. Trust can be earned, as well as respect. Whether he falls for you again or not shouldn't be on your main wish list right now. However if you both have made significant changes in which can lead to a relationship once more then all you can do is sit back and let it happen... and if it doesn't then you know that there was not much that you could do.

He was crazy about me, but I hurt him really bad. Time has passed and I think the pain and resentment has settled on both ends.

I just want a chance to make it up to him and regain his trust

Still carrying the torch huh? I think you are going to get your feelings hurt. I hope you can handle this. Being friends when you want to be lovers always suck suck suck

He was crazy about me, but I hurt him really bad. Time has passed and I think the pain and resentment has settled on both ends.

I just want a chance to make it up to him and regain his trust

I think about an ex who hurt me and who tried to come back a few months later. I was soo over it ... no feelings of anger, no hate .... just no desire to let him touch me intimately again. I think you need to recognize that it's much more likely than not that the "in-love" feeling and trust is gone. It's easier to move on to a new person than to go down the long road of reconciliation with someone you no longer have the same feelings for.

I'm more numb to my exes than anything. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt. Why go back?

I think you really really need to be prepared that the bitterness can be gone and yet he'll still not want you back.

Archived