Scratch from a baby chipmunk, should I worry?

So today my cat brought in a baby chipmunk, and let it loose in the house. I chased it all around the apartment, and finally caught it. While I was throwing it out the window, it sank it's claws into my pinky finger...ouch! :sad:

It didn't draw much blood, and it barely broke the skin. But should I worry about rabies or a blood infection?

I think I have up to date tenatus shots, I'm pretty sure.

firstly, if the animal had rabies, it likely would have tried to attack you.

also, since it is an infant, it's likely not had much opportunity to contract diseases.

Rabies probably wouldn't be carried on it's claws anyway....they are hard surfaces, and not saliva covered like teeth - and will probably only carry bacteria/disease if he's been fighting with animals or digging through carcasses.

Do you have a number to phone a nurse or health professional? Ask what they recommend you do if you have some worry about contracting an illness.

So basically the consensus is that I shouldn't worry about it?

It's a very small scratch, there are three puncture wounds, and two didn't even break the skin (and the third is so small that I can't even take a picture of it.) I don't think it's anything to worry about.

I'll call the doc tomorrow, but my guess is that it'll be a wasted office visit. I'm up to date with my tetanus shots, and chipmunks don't carry rabies. So unless I get a blood infection (and it's very unlikely that it'll happen), I don't have anything to worry about.

So basically the consensus is that I shouldn't worry about it?

It's a very small scratch, there are three puncture wounds, and two didn't even break the skin (and the third is so small that I can't even take a picture of it.) I don't think it's anything to worry about.

I'll call the doc tomorrow, but my guess is that it'll be a wasted office visit. I'm up to date with my tetanus shots, and chipmunks don't carry rabies. So unless I get a blood infection (and it's very unlikely that it'll happen), I don't have anything to worry about.

Wait, are they scratches or actual punctures?

Archived