Building my hopes up

Jezz143

I was suppose to start my period on the 17th. So I have 5 days late as of today. My periods were never on the dot anyway...but, I'm past the 30 day point. I thought I started...there was some light pink spotting, so I used a tampon thinking nothing of it...when I went to change my tampon, there was hardley nothing on it...just a couple drops of light pink. And now there is nothing. I keep feeling like I'm starting, so I run to the bathroom only to find nothing. I've been cramping, and my lower stomach is sore. My breasts were very sore, but they are not so much now. I think it might be too soon for a pregnancy test..

What do you think? Am I building myself up?

They are pretty accurate, if it has been over 30 days and it still has no indication or even a faint line I would say you arnt. Some women though do not show pregnancy hormones this way and need a blood test. Give a few days and test again, if negative and still nothing then go and get a blood test.

Some women though do not show pregnancy hormones this way and need a blood test. Give a few days and test again, if negative and still nothing then go and get a blood test.

Is this true? I never heard that.

I know that the pregnancy test tests for hcG....which like "human chorionic gonadotropin" (I just did development in bio so this is fresh on my mind) and this protein is ONLY made by the embryo. It's its way of identifying itself to the mother so that there will not be an immune response against it.

If you don't have hcG, you can't be pregnant, that's for sure.

Is this true? I never heard that.

I know that the pregnancy test tests for hcG....which like "human chorionic gonadotropin" (I just did development in bio so this is fresh on my mind) and this protein is ONLY made by the embryo. It's its way of identifying itself to the mother so that there will not be an immune response against it.

If you don't have hcG, you can't be pregnant, that's for sure.

Yes women have been pregnant when taking an HPT and have it show negative. It is called a "false negative"

link removed

The first pregnancy test I took when I was pregnant with my son was "negative". I took it 2 days after my missed period.

You might want to try another brand that markets itself as an "early response" test. Those are more sensitive. If that comes up negative too then you are likely not pregnant.

Archived