Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Food Journal

Applewhite

Yeah I've noticed that the edit function is gone on my other posts as well.

I find that to be a be severe. They should at least give you 12 hours to edit your post!

I understand that they don't want people removing their entire thread by removing all their posts, but this is pretty counterproductive.

What other types of diet have you tried before WW? I'm trying to get a feel of what might work best for me. I'm at a point where I really need to change my eating habits as I'm gaining weight quite fast.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I've noticed that the edit function is gone on my other posts as well.

I find that to be a be severe. They should at least give you 12 hours to edit your post!

I understand that they don't want people removing their entire thread by removing all their posts, but this is pretty counterproductive.

What other types of diet have you tried before WW? I'm trying to get a feel of what might work best for me. I'm at a point where I really need to change my eating habits as I'm gaining weight quite fast.

First I had tried my own WW (not really knowing the WW system). Just eating as little portions as I good, snacking only on good food and if its anything else only little amounts. I lost at a normal rate and kept it off for a period too. Then I wanted to lose a little faster and did South beach - which really works I lost a lot faster.. but then I stopped tracking and stopped limiting portions (south beach made me forget about limiting portions) and gained tremendously in about a years time. then i did some start fail south beach attempts and saw that wasnt working well for me at all, now im here.

Good to know =)

Are you attending weekly meetings now, are still doing it on your own?? I have a friend that does WW; she lives a bit too far for me to join her meetings. It seems to be working for her really well though.

She has the opposite problem of me though - she eats really small portions naturally but she tends to go for the fattier stuff, but still eats well (fruits, veggies, whole wheat etc...)

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday, so maybe that will be a blessing in disguise for reducing portion sizes.

Good to know =)

Are you attending weekly meetings now, are still doing it on your own?? I have a friend that does WW; she lives a bit too far for me to join her meetings. It seems to be working for her really well though.

She has the opposite problem of me though - she eats really small portions naturally but she tends to go for the fattier stuff, but still eats well (fruits, veggies, whole wheat etc...)

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday, so maybe that will be a blessing in disguise for reducing portion sizes.

At this stage of my life I simply cant afford meetings believe it or not. Even my material was a donation from annie. I seem to be doing fine without the meetings though. I have a lot of motivation to keep at it.

I got mine removed last summer. I was SO scared.

That's what I think. The meetings are there more for accountability/support/tips which if you are motivated, this board will do just fine instead.

Today I went outside all day with the kids, the temperature was so nice. It was rather nice to just enjoy being out in nice weather/relax. Cleaned a bit. I wasn't checking for daycare situations every 15 minutes, or getting nervous over an exam (did great on it 29/30 anyways), refused to fill out job competitions etc...

I actually managed to forget to eat - only had an apple and banana so far o_O! It's super not me. I'm the opposite of most people, I'm a happy non-eater.

That's what I think. The meetings are there more for accountability/support/tips which if you are motivated, this board will do just fine instead.

Today I went outside all day with the kids, the temperature was so nice. It was rather nice to just enjoy being out in nice weather/relax. Cleaned a bit. I wasn't checking for daycare situations every 15 minutes, or getting nervous over an exam (did great on it 29/30 anyways), refused to fill out job competitions etc...

I actually managed to forget to eat - only had an apple and banana so far o_O! It's super not me. I'm the opposite of most people, I'm a happy non-eater.

That is great. This probably means that you eat because of reasons other than hunger. You have to figure out those reasons (which is a REALLY hard task but its winning half the battle) and then make sure you can learn to resolve them in other ways. And at least understand that eating does NOT resolve them.

This is what I have to do also.

Oh i know the reasons fairly well, but until we can get some situations - aka the child care situation - resolved, it puts me in this situation where I feel lonely and depressed. All I do is clean and watch the kids - I mostly put everyone before myself. No time for relationship or much adult time. I'm going to try to find a babysitter in the area so I can go out occasionally too. When the double stroller gets here, I will be able to go on walks and stuff outside of the house which will help.

I'd really like to get a car to go out, but it's a hard situation since I'll be back at work soon (If i can find a daycare....). It's expensive and I'm probably not going to be able to drive it there (no spots for my parking=1-3 yr waiting list, and once you get it it's 200$ per month).

I've had this problem cycle back off and on through my life.

I went to this camp where I hated it there, I hated the people etc... and gained a good 20lbs since I was stuffing down my emotions.

I lost it all after when I came back and even more (no conscious effort here) when I started going out with this one guy. I've looked at pics of me and was like.. man, I don't even recall being this skinny! I've looked at pictures and thought, man I could have even gained some weight a little. I wasn't concerned obviously, I was eating well and stuff, and my build is naturally more slender and athletic.

Relationship/situation now makes me gain weight more and more though.

Week 2 on WW

Day 5 of Week 2 on WW (Monday)

Breakfast:

Lucky charms with skim milk 3 points

Fruit 1 point

Snack:

Cherry tomatoes

Cheese 2 points

Snack:

Coffee with milk 2 points

Fiber one bar 2 points

Lunch:

Home made pizza 1 slice 7 points

Dinner:

Sandwich with eggplant and chopped meat 6 points

Snack:

Jello

Total: 23 points Bonus points remaining: 8/35

Today I have not even completed 2 weeks with WW but I weighed in anyway. I am 199.6 which means I have already lost 5.4 lbs from the start!!!!! In less than 2 weeks with a balanced healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables and protein and even carbs. I lost weight DESPITE my pig out day at the workshop this week and DESPITE my pig out in the city the week before. Despite my morning bagels (even though last time I had only a half one). I am back in the 190's again. then 80's then 70's.... At this rate I will reach my goal weight much faster.

This is amazing.I am proud happy and satisfied.

Way to go hike14!!!! That is EXCELLENT progress!!!! Your hard work is paying off.

I am back in the 190's again. then 80's then 70's.... At this rate I will reach my goal weight much faster.

It's a really good feeling when you get into the next lower tier of numbers isn't it? AWESOME!

Way to go hike14!!!! That is EXCELLENT progress!!!! Your hard work is paying off.

It's a really good feeling when you get into the next lower tier of numbers isn't it? AWESOME!

Yes. Not that 190 seems low to me though. I had never been 190 before. But I like the WW program because I can follow it. And it forces me o be objective on portions and kind of food and overall I think it is really healthy. I am eating much better.

Even though I am losing faster than what is 'recommended' I don't think I am doing anything unhealthy.

Now I really have to go down to consuming 22 points a day though. So hopefully that won't be too difficult for me.

That's great news!

I don't think you need to worry about losing weight faster than recommended as long as you do eat till/around your points in order to get the proper nutrition.

You seem to have mastered eating small portions from looking at your daily eats, which is good news.

I will check out the program once I get my wisdom teeth pulled out/am healed.

Good luck with the teeth. Some people heal really fast. But you are on the younger side like me so it shouldn't be too bad. The first day is the hardest. Make sure you ice is for as long as the dentist tells you. The first several hours are important to ice so it doesn't swell.

Will they take all of them out at once? Will you be sedated?

I only have the two upper wisdom teeth, or so they tell me. They told me I didn't have any until the age of 21, so it better not be a lie!

I will get the laughing gas. The dentist told me I could be put to sleep if I wanted to, but I'll see how it goes. I'll try without.

I will still keep posting in this journal from time to time, but I will no longer keep track of what I eat on here even though I would have really liked to. The reason is because the edit function has been removed for any practical use - it has become too much of a burden to try to keep it accurate. Instead I will start a new (real) journal to track food on Friday. I am still counting today and until Friday. But I will not write it down. I will start clean from Week 3 on WW in my new journal.

I feel a little sad that I can't post it here anymore. This is where I started posting it, and I would have preferred keeping it as is - clean and organized.

I will go to the gym with my friend at around 6PM. I am excited, haven't been to that gym in a long time. It will be hard to plan dinner around this - but I will try. I might skip today with some light meals today. Because I don't want to eat too much - if anything after the gym because it will be late. And I wouldn't be too hungry before.

Yeah that's a bit ridiculous and I totally understand why you would stop posting. I don't really feel like starting back myself because of it.

Yes it is really sad because it was helping me. If they had only allowed editing 48 hours at least I could still manage. (and I did suggest this, but instead of considering it the thread was shut down

Anyway life goes on. Now I can's share it, or have the convenience of posting and keeping track easier (It was easier than writing it down - but oh well)

I don't understand how much more difficult it would be if they just extend it to 48 hours. Violating and abusing the 48 hour limit will most likely be only fleeting/temporary/new members anyway, and I think they should just be banned.

Congrats on the weight loss so far! That's awesome. I still think you shouldn't try to push for too much too fast. It's so tempting to go for broke at the beginning, but you really want it to be sustainable.

I saw you were thinking about keeping track of your food in a "real" journal. I was at a paper store today and saw that Moleskine makes a "Wellness" Journal/notebook with specially designed sections for you to keep track of diet intake, exercise, and a few other categories I think.

It's called "Moleskine Passions Wellness Journal", and it's available on Amazon for 14 dollars or so, less than the 20 dollars it's being sold for in stores. I would include a link, but I'm worried it will link to my Amazon account. Anyway, you should check it out. I'm thinking of getting one myself. Oh I just read reviews, and apparently there is not that much space to write down diet facts. Anyway, you should read the reviews on Amazon. I still think maybe I would get it.

Archived