Broke up with somebody I still love - saddest thing

Eclipse11

Hello friends

I am feeling so sad today, that I have had to do this to somebody who treated me so nicely, more than any other

He was always calling me beautiful, cooking me meals, buying presents, arranging treats, gave up his time to see me - but I finished things with him yesterday because I still did not feel the same for him as he did for me

I still love him but in a way that you would love your dad...

Now I am wondering if I will ever find somebody who loves me so much again...I loved him so much for being so sweet but there were little things I didn't like and we were incompatible in many ways

There were some very bad days in which neither of us were speaking to each other and some conflicts and tensions which were probably caused by me.

He'll probably be better off meeting somebody else, I hope he is okay...

I wish I didn't have to do this to the guy I love more than any other guy I've been with...

Anybody else done the same?

No harsh replies please - thanks Eclipse x x x

I understand. It's not your fault that you felt you were incompatible. At our age, we know what we want and we are within our rights to call it to an end if its not what we are looking for, even if someone treated us very well.

I can't say that I have done the same really, because I have been treated quite badly in the past to be honest, but I still stuck around to try and make it work, but to no avail.

I think as long as you told him nicely and in a calm way and not in anger, then there isn't much more you could have done.

I know you are feeling very guilty right, I have felt very guilty also before even ending things with people who have not been so nice, so I understand. It's not a nice job causing someone pain with a decision we make, but sadly is a part of life and a part of us growing as a person.

xx

I still love him but in a way that you would love your dad...

Now I am wondering if I will ever find somebody who loves me so much again...I loved him so much for being so sweet but there were little things I didn't like and we were incompatible in many ways

There were some very bad days in which neither of us were speaking to each other and some conflicts and tensions which were probably caused by me.

He'll probably be better off meeting somebody else, I hope he is okay...

I wish I didn't have to do this to the guy I love more than any other guy I've been with...

Can you explain in clear terms why you broke up? What were your incompatibilities? Are you saying you weren't attracted to him?

... I think your answers will be very helpful to men who are dumped by women who say that they love the guy more than any other guy they've been with.

Hi mca1975 * you're right about that, we know what we want at this age and we both sought different things...big hugs and thanks, you made me feel better xxx

Hi Ms Darcy * I'd love to help those men you refer to but lets see, there are several things to list, I'll write some in when I'm not feeling so guilty about this xxx

I hope you did the right thing. Sometimes people have an idea that there is someone out there who is a 'soulmate' or the 'perfect mate' and spend their life looking for someone who couldn't possibly exist rather than accepting that no one is perfect - at least not all the time.

Archived