reasons for random hooking up

katzzz1

I'm sure sure where to post this, but what are some of the reasons people hook up (oral/sex) with complete strangers? Are there different reasons why a man hooks up vs a woman?

I know alcohol is one reason why someone would be more likely to hook up, but i'm wondering on a deeper level if there is something wrong with someone that hooks up a lot. I'm not trying to say people that do random hook ups are bad, I'm just curious

Coming from a past of being rather promiscuous, I don't know if this is a general reason really but I wanted to flip the tables a bit. I enjoyed the heartless nature of it and yeah, I had some real issues. My man's past of promiscuity came from his search for love - he was looking for it in the wrong ways of course he knows that now as he's older. Another reason was probably from a bit of insecurity. But there were times he legitimately just didn't really care about the girl much and it was just because they were both single and they wanted to. I'm sure that's the reason behind a lot of random hook-ups.

But for me, it was purely vindictive against male-kind.

So in my opinion, there's many reasons.

People that hook up randomly and with complete strangers are promiscuous and have issues that go far beyond sex. These days, with STDs all over the place, having sex without an STD test is risky, let alone randomly hooking up with someone.

That's only one group of people, there are many other people that simply enjoy the sex. There are as many reasons as there are people.

Of course there will be some that don't agree. But those people will eventually suffer the consequences of their random hookups. Either they will get hurt, or end up with an STD, or both.

If they have no interest in a committed relationship, then they have no way of getting hurt. Also, there are plenty of ways to protect yourself from STDs. If one plans ahead and is smart, there are no consequences to finding enjoyment in sex with people you are not in relationships with.

If they have no interest in a committed relationship, then they have no way of getting hurt. Also, there are plenty of ways to protect yourself from STDs. If one plans ahead and is smart, there are no consequences to finding enjoyment in sex with people you are not in relationships with.

If you develop feelings for someone, then yes you will get hurt. As I mentioned earlier, having sex without an STD test is risky enough. You can only protect yourself so much. Some STDs can spread even with a condom, making the condom basically useless with the exception of preventing pregnancy.

Too many people are under the impression that they're fine as long as they use a condom. Not the case.

If you develop feelings for someone, then yes you will get hurt. As I mentioned earlier, having sex without an STD test is risky enough. You can only protect yourself so much. Some STDs can spread even with a condom, making the condom basically useless with the exception of preventing pregnancy.

Too many people are under the impression that they're fine as long as they use a condom. Not the case.

You don't need to have feelings for someone to have sex with them.

True, some STDs are contagious even with condoms, but if you are smart you can avoid those infections. Most STDs are prevented by condoms, the ones that can still be transmitted still have reduced occurrences with condom users.

You can be hurt in a long term monogamous relationship and you can get STDs during such relationships as well.

All things considered, you have to take care of yourself either way.

You don't need to have feelings for someone to have sex with them.

Of course you don't have to, but you can avoid a lot of drama if you hold out for a bit.

True, some STDs are contagious even with condoms, but if you are smart you can avoid those infections. Most STDs are prevented by condoms, the ones that can still be transmitted still have reduced occurrences with condom users.

Most is not all, and the ones that can't be prevented can have long-term consequences. Is it worth the possibility of herpes or high risk HPV to have an hour of pleasure?

You can be hurt in a long term monogamous relationship and you can get STDs during such relationships as well.

Of course you can, but as long as no one cheats and you both get tested for STDs. you should be fine health wise.

All things considered, you have to take care of yourself either way.

That goes without saying.

Of course you don't have to, but you can avoid a lot of drama if you hold out for a bit.

If a person spends one night with someone how can there be drama?

Most is not all, and the ones that can't be prevented can have long-term consequences. Is it worth the possibility of herpes or high risk HPV to have an hour of pleasure?

Not all sex will lead to an infection, hence my assertion you have to be smart.

Of course you can, but as long as no one cheats and you both get tested for STDs. you should be fine health wise.

Some STDs can be carried by a person with no symptoms present and may never show symptoms, but they can spread it, no cheating needed. A monogamous relationship is not protection.

It is the idividuals choice whether or not have anonymous sex, others can not dictate to people or judge them because they do not share an opinion. A lecture about STDs is not going to dissuade someone from a chosen path if they enjoy what they do, nor is a lecture on morality or others opinion of that lifestyle. People will live their lives by their own volition and have every right to make their own choices.

Whatever the reason for a persons actions, it is their life and their choice.

hmmm, that's not exactly true... in a monogamous relationship you can ask the person to get tested for all the stds before you sleep with them. You can't do that in an ONS"hey, go get tested and then we have an ONS!".

The only thing that you can not test for is hpv for men. However, you still can ask them about their past girl friends and how their pap smear tests came up or if they had any warts...this way you can get an idea of if they can have it or not.

But you are right. If someone wants to risk diseases, it's their lives and their choice. I just hope that they get tested regularly and tell their partners if they have anything.

However, you still can ask them about their past girl friends and how their pap smear tests came up or if they had any warts...this way you can get an idea of if they can have it or not.

And most guys wanting a serious relationship don't even know the answer to this! If I was dating a guy and we started to get intimate, chances are he would have no clue what his last partners' doctors said. That's been my experience.

Let alone asking a ONS, "Did your last girlfriends have clean pap tests?" What a joke.

I can see it now. "Girlfriends? Haven't had one since '92. That . Anyway, my place or yours, baby?"

And most guys wanting a serious relationship don't even know the answer to this! If I was dating a guy and we started to get intimate, chances are he would have no clue what his last partners' doctors said. That's been my experience.

Let alone asking a ONS, "Did your last girlfriends have clean pap tests?" What a joke.

I can see it now. "Girlfriends? Haven't had one since '92. That . Anyway, my place or yours, baby?"

LOL, never had a ONS, but I can imagine that conversation is not a common occurrence.

Archived