Q to men on ENA

LAYAAN

Yeah, I guess....... I mean, there could be a lot worse problems with a guy. It just doesn't seem like if I were a girl it would be something I would find very attractive. Just kind of dorky.... but again some people would like that.

So in summary:

creepy........... no.

disturbing....... no.

weird......... I guess.

nerdy...... definitely.

I agree with this. I would find it a little geeky if a guy had his whole house decorated with geckos, but it wouldn't necessarily turn me off. I like geeky. It would depend on what it was that he decorated his house with, though. If he was a 50 year old man with a house full of Hello Kitty or Barbie stuff, I would think he was a bit creepy. A lot of people have collections -- model cars, trains, dolls, shot glasses, whatever -- and over the years, people keep giving them stufff to add to their collections, so it seems pretty normal. He probably really likes geckos, and he's bought some stuff, people have given him other stuff, and a lot of his family and friends probably think of him when they see gecko-related things, so they buy them for him.

I think it's pretty harmless. I would give him a chance, for sure, if I otherwise thought he was a good guy.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who in the world would like this animal. I hate it.

It takes all kinds. It's not even a "guy" thing as my mum loves lizards.

I even know a girl who has a pet snake. You're thinking to yourself, "Yeah, a girl with 50 tattoos and twice as many piercings." but nay . . . just an everyday girl.

I've always thought frogs were cute, but don't seem to get along with people who are really into serious reptiles like snakes and lizards. Certain personality types seem to be attracted to different animals, but he's the first one i've heard whose been that into geckos!

He probably would make a fine friend, but i doubt i'd get into a romance with someone who was that into geckos if you don't like reptiles, since he is so into them and into decorating with them.

Er, sorry, I'll be honest here. This creeps me out. I think any sort of obsession like this does show a bit of childishness. I only displayed things I liked all over my room and talked about them obsessively when I was a kid and a teen. I love cats, but I would never dream of putting cat pictures up all over my house. I'm a grown woman.

Hey, if one gecko will save you a bundle on car insurance, just think about what could happen if you got a lot of geckos together in one place working for ya'!

...since when have geckos been creepy though? They're freakin' awesome! I've always kind of wanted a gecko, just never done anything about it. Hmm...

Hey, if one gecko will save you a bundle on car insurance, just think about what could happen if you got a lot of geckos together in one place working for ya'!

...since when have geckos been creepy though? They're freakin' awesome! I've always kind of wanted a gecko, just never done anything about it. Hmm...

Ya, I was wondering if I can create a home video of his geckos and send it to Geico. May be we as a couple would get free insurance for any number of cars and homes until we die. Then you are right... it would save us a bundle. I'm getting my camera ready to shoot... Palace of Gecko, here I come!

So in summary:

creepy........... no.

disturbing....... no.

weird......... I guess.

nerdy...... definitely.

This is pretty accurate. Some people dig on specific animals: be they dogs, penguins, or geckos. If everything else is fine, then he's just charmingly eccentric.

Just look out if he asks you to dress up like a gecko.

Geckos are one thing but if this guy was still sporting star wars action figures and such and had his house all decked out with star wars stuff id highly question.

But as far as the lizards go perhaps that a passion of mine. I plan on having a garage full of exotic sports cars in the future. Is that normal for a guy who's 25+?

To me thats really weird. We all have things that we like or love but we don't fill are houses or places with it. Ex. i like cars but i don't have a room filled with car posters, toys, hell i don't have or want a car mouse.

But if your willing to look past it then i say go for it. I know of someone who has a house filled with unicorn things.

well, not sure if I mentioned this before... for whatever this information is worth - the guy has a collection of video games and movies. Some of the movies are 007 movies. I dont' play video games, I simply don't have developed the dexterity for that. So, its not just geckos. I think he is just a kid yet. He needs some time to grow up.

well, not sure if I mentioned this before... for whatever this information is worth - the guy has a collection of video games and movies. Some of the movies are 007 movies. I dont' play video games, I simply don't have developed the dexterity for that. So, its not just geckos. I think he is just a kid yet. He needs some time to grow up.

You think he's a kid because he has movies and video games?

...If that's a red flag for you, I think you're going to have a hard time finding a guy you'll find mature by that standard. Not to mention he'd probably be something of a troglodyte in this day and age given the prevalence of technology and digital entertainment in general.

If anything, I'd be worried if a guy had no movies or video games. That'd be really weird to me.

Man this is just so hilarious.. I am picturing this guy's house in my head and lolling! I think it's more geeky that anything though. Only thing I would be worried about is if you guys end up living together, how are you going to put up with it? The guy's gecko obsessed! What if he wants to put gecko sheets on the bed? How creepy would that be, sleeping atop a bunch of geckos!!

Come on, Tinu, you can see why this thread is kind of funny right?! He's gecko man!

I think the video games and movies are pretty normal. A lot of guys of all ages play video games these days, and as for the movies, James Bond is pretty typical for a guy to like. My dad has A TON of action movies (he gets them at big discounts at Blockbuster), and he's pretty grown-up!

You think he's a kid because he has movies and video games?

...If that's a red flag for you, I think you're going to have a hard time finding a guy you'll find mature by that standard. Not to mention he'd probably be something of a troglodyte in this day and age given the prevalence of technology and digital entertainment in general.

If anything, I'd be worried if a guy had no movies or video games. That'd be really weird to me.

No, I didn't say that. I'm new to this culture. Indian men in India don't have a collection of movies and video games, but then again I don't have real brother. So, I'm saying this based on my limited observation of my cousin brothers. I'm not raised in the US so I asked.

Archived