Does anyone feel the urge to check your ex's profile to see if they are in a relationship or still single? I am trying my best to keep no contact and not check anything that has to do with her but curiosity is killing me, I know this may cause more hurt but how to just stop thinking about it!?

Does anyone feel the urge to check your ex's profile to see if they are in a relationship or still single? I am trying my best to keep no contact and not check anything that has to do with her but curiosity is killing me, I know this may cause more hurt but how to just stop thinking about it!?

Kindly, it means getting your own life.

My ex, who is still living with me questions me about this everyday. When she split up with me. Facebook us the devil in disguise.

She logs into her brothers and views mine then comes home with questions about who I'm talkin to...

It's weird, especially if they dumped u because they do t know what they want in my eyes.

she didnt dump me I dumped her after finding out she was cheating...it was a bad breakup, but i dont know why i feel this urge to check...which i have not done yet...just thinking about it. and I agree, facebook is devil in disquise...so many arguments and problems because of this damn website...

Dude screw facebook screw all that fashion stuff.It's made to be a machine for rumors!Nothing more , nothing less.

What I usually do it block/delete from friends lists all around (facebook,skype,etc)

Do the same.Whats the point of staying friends with someone after a relationship?It is the same!Think about it

Friendship - you share , you laugh together , you go out together

Relationship - you share , you laugh together , you go out together , you hug , you kiss , you are more physical

So whats the point of staying friends?A simple - hi ... is enough.

I don't want to be rude.I myself am too emotional for a male but thats is retarded.

While I understand the desire, there are really no outcomes here where you'll end up better for satisfying your curiosity. Trust us on this one.

I don't think Facebook is EVIL if used in the right way. However, I have found it can be devastating to see an ex move on with his new love life while you watch. I do NOT consider it stalking as it is a public domain, but it hinders your healing and promotes sadness about the loss you have suffered.

Primarily for the sake of MY healing, it was TMI for me to have to deal with and try to get over a heartbreak. When I realized how much this was hurting me, I sent a private message to my ex letting them know I was de-friending them from my FB and why. You don't need to go into detail, but do so if you must. After 3 years, I felt I owed him an explaination.

I was VERY surprised at how completely liberating it was for me to do this and wish I would have done it weeks before I did! I was like those sick people who cut themselves...always looking to see what he and the new gf were up to (slash), places they had visited (deeper cut), etc.(OUCH)! It was like I had to feel the pain to get over the pain...so NOT helpful in my healing & so NOT true!!! It just kept the wound fresh and bleeding.

I didn't want to deactivate my profile as I have re-connected with friends from high school, my home town, as well as relatives I had lost touch with. I love having those people back in my life and now when I travel back home, we always get together. So these types of social networks have thier worth.

Don't think for a moment they care if they are de-friended...you weren't a priority in their life...just an option. Do yourself a favor and move forward - stop looking back!

I found that deleting my fb account completely has helped immensly with my own healing process.

At first, I was constantly checking my ex's page to see what she was up to. This caused me so much pain and what's worse is, via Facebook, I found out that she was with somebody else a week after we broke up.

Since deleting my account my life has been great because I have been unable to view her page at all and have no way of finding out what she has been up to. My social life has improved because instead of being stuck in front of my PC i have actually been seeing my friends instead of commenting on their fb wall.

In my experience Facebook takes away privacy in relationships and causes countless problems such as jealously. My advice is to either de-friend your ex or cut fb out of your life.

Hope this helps. Al

For me nope! I cant as she changed her password.which i knew..seeing the pics of them together..hurt me a lot!!! when she did that it was a blessing in disguise and helped me in healing! not there yet but i see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

I now have my own account. with her and him blocked!! it is a good thing if used properly, its helped me find old friends, who have helped me through this bad spell!!!

I think what people mean here is that they are blocking the ex's posts. Log onto FB, go to your homepage and scroll down to the bottom of the news feed and at the bottom there is an "edit options" option. Click on this and "news feeds settings" will come up. There are two boxes "show more" and "hide more". If you type in your ex's name into the hide box and then save then you won't see any of their status updates or posts. Particularly good if you don't want to hear about them talking about their new girlfriend/boyfriend. Be aware though it won't stop everything coming through. I had a shock when a picture of my ex came through and I realised it was because his sister and brother were in the photo so I had to hide them too which is a pity.

You can also non - permanently block your ex from seeing your wall (although I'm not sure if that blocks them from seeing your posts but I think it does). You can do this by going to your homepage click on "account" then "privacy settings". Scroll down to "posts by me". Click in the box and select "custom settings". This brings up a box saying "custom privacy". In this box there are two options "make this visible to" and "hide this from". Put your ex's name in "hide this from" and click save.

The trouble with these non-permanent options is just that - you can easily reverse them. Don't do it is what I say because when I got tempted to I saw my ex posting about his "gorgeous girlfriend". Yep, that was the girl he left me for. Sometimes deleting and true blocking (where it is permanent) are the best answer. I haven't deleted my ex yet. Think I will do eventually. Will never look at his page again though. Learnt my lesson.

Archived