He fell out of love with me in a day?

I heart

Ok so my ex boyfriend an I had been dating for 5 months and everything was fine but then one morning I felt like he didnt love me (now i realize that I just wanted to here him say how much he loved me) so I asked him about it and he said yeah he still loves me and he just didnt seem to be into the conversation so I took it the wrong way and suggested a break up (once again stupid me I thought he would realize I was serious and try to make me feel better...wrong again) we had broken up in the past for like not even a day so I thought it was just one of those but when I texted him that night to talk about it he said he didnt like how much I picked fights with him over stupid stuff and I realize now that I did take things to far so I have changed it and I have gotten better. He also said it was to much to worry about. But here is the kicker...he said he love me tuesday morning (the day we broke up) and he loved me before that too but after we broke up he didnt love me anymore...is that even possible to fall out of love with someone you dated for 5 months in a day??? He said he still wants to be friends because he still likes my personality and im still a good person but we never talk outside of school. I catch him looking at me all the time too. He still says I am pretty. Everyone keeps telling me to give him space and he will come around but idk i need other opinions. sorry this is so long but im kinda using this to vent too lol. Thanks!

No one would like to be asked for reassurance regarding the relationship and or feelings, it is not your partners job to make you feel secure.

I would just not contact him anymore, as he already feels as if you are needy because of the fights you pick.

I would suggest taking some time for yourself, and work on your insecurities and emotions before you get into another relationship.

Also, there has to be a reason you are insecure to begin with, maybe his behavior? or the fact that you both broke up numerous times within 5 months..

The relationship was doomed from the very first time you both had broken up.. roller coaster relationships are not healthy and can bring out some very odd behavior

So like I said above, just go NC and work on yourself. You will find someone that you are comfortable with and not so anxious and worried all the time

he said he didnt like how much I picked fights with him over stupid stuff

^^ THIS. I think this is what finally killed the relationship as it's obvious it must have happened on a number of occasions. At least you now know what the cause is and can learn from your mistakes. Not sure how old you are, but you sound youngish and if you are insecure, or have low self esteem issues, then you can work on that so that any future relationships will be stronger and more positive.

I agree with your friends - give him space, but be prepared that he may not want you back permanently, but only as a friend.

I think I could fall out of love if I was sick of being manipulated. It was very manipulative to ask to be told he loves you, but break up when he doesn't hop to it. Its a very nasty game. I think you should leave him alone.

My sentiments indeed!

Also, thanks to the many unrealistic romance books & movies, i feel that there is a big problem now among the very young girls who likes to manipulate feelings & love by being 'naggy' about it. It is like they can't get enough of hearing 'i love you' or else they say it all the time to their boyfriends like a parrot... At least that is how it happens all the time in the romance books & Hollywood movies, isn't it?

To be honest, it is good that you are learning from your mistakes and it would be better if you work on yourself for a while & then take your changed values to another guy.

Let this current (or ex?) guy go because there is already a history between you both. Things will never be the same again even when you both decided to be together again.

Five months is not very long to be dating and asking them to declare their undying love for you. It takes time to get to know someone and it sounds like he just thought you weren't the one for him (ie. the bickering and the fact you are even asking him that question and then dumping him when you don't get desired response). I don't think you should ask people if they love you in future and then get in a mood when they don't reciprocate. It is up to that person to decide if they love you and tell you, not be made to say it). Have respect for other people's feelings, otherwise you will drive people away.

Archived