are we still on for today?

So I think i have a date today at 4pm, but I'm not sure because he did not totally confirm it. Basically I asked him where he wanted to meet, and he gave me the address of the coffee shop and asked if 4pm sounded good. I replied and said, "sounds good, i will see you there at 4pm. my number is 555.5555 in case you need to get in touch with me". this was yesterday afternoon and he never replied to my email and hasnt called me either. I dont have his phone number or i would call him and make sure. The place is about 30 minute from my house and ive never been there before and now im afraid of getting stood up!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, im just gonna go and hope he's there lol. Would you consider that a confirmation though? It seems like it, but I expected him to write back and say, "ok see you then" or something.

No, I agree with you -he could have said something, but I would still go.

Sometimes people don't exactly respond back. They just think that's the end of the conversation.

I agree, just go and see if he's there. If not, that's the last of him.

yeah, im guessing he just thought that was the end of it... im like 85% sure he's gonna show up based on the few interactions we had, but I guess we'll see.

he...asked if 4pm sounded good. I replied and said, "sounds good, i will see you there at 4pm."

I think he's just taken your last message as a confirmation of the date, because he was very clear about the place and time he wanted to meet you at. I would have liked a final response as well, but it could be he doesn't want to swamp you with messages so early on

I don't think a confirmation was necessary in this case, although it would have been nice.

I would go - bring a book so you can enjoy the afternoon even if he doesn't show up, always a good chance to explore another part of your city! But I think he'll be there.

im already so nervous, so wondering if he's even going to show up isn't really helping! but im just gonna go and see what happens and hopefully not have to decide how long to stick around after if he stands me up lol

Just try to relax. Hopefully he will show just as you both have planned.

i dont even know where to begin...

first of all, he was just reallllly awkard. he was talking, and he kept contradicting a bunch of things he said in his online ad... just like stuff he was into, what he was looking for, etc. He basically said he didnt know what he actually wanted. I told him he sounded confused and he was like "not really" and then i was mentioning some things he mentioned in his ad, and he was like "yeah, im not really into that"

so were talking and i already have a feeling that its not gonna go anywhere and he says to me, "sooo.. this is gonna sound completely rude... and i know you mentioned this in your email...but.... are you really okay with how you look?"

(im a little overweight, but i aknowlege that in my email to him. Sent him pictures and sent him my exact height and weight. i make it CLEAR that I have a little extra and specifically told that in my email to him. im not here to decieve anyone)

so i smile at him and tell him "yeah, actually i am... ive been this way my entire life and have had no problem in the past attracting men... but i understand where your coming from and I certainly wouldnt want to get involved with anyone who's not attracted to me".

I'm not a cow. I have nice curves. Lots of guys are attractive to me but I am a bigger girl.

so he's like, "well, you dont know how people really look just based on the number they give you for their height and weight... i wanted to see for myself.. but im attracted to girls who are much smaller than me"....

the thing is, it didnt even really sound like he was trying to offend me... he was just really socially awkward and instead of being polite and just telling me that we werent compatible or just not contacting me again, he decided to make a conversation out of it.

then he's like, "see, i dont think anything of just going for a 7 mile run in the summer... i dont know how that would work with you". At that point i didnt know whether to laugh or cry or run away. so i changed the subject and we talked for another like... 10 minutes.. and then randomly he just gets up and is like "i have to go" and im like "ok.. email me.. or dont..." and he's like, "yeah, i think we both know whats gonna happen" and then he give me a hug and i run into the bathroom and spill my drink everywhere lmao.

OMG what a jerk! He probably sensed you weren't into him and just knew the best way to offend a girl is to get on her about her weight.

I'm a cruvyer than average girl too, and if a guy ever spoke to me like that, I'd either just get up and walk away, or tell him that it's not going to work out becuase I'm generally attracted to nice looking guys.

He sounds like a real loser I feel bad for the next girl he meets, wonder what he's going to find wrong with her!

Archived