Awkward and/or odd dreams...

You know you've had them... I'm fascinated with dreams, so I decided there should be a thread designated to them.

Lately, I've had two sources of stress. I've been facing the idea of my first gynecologist appointment as well as worrying about my Chaucer class and writing papers good enough to please my professor. He's a great prof, but he still terrifies me. So last night, I dreamt that I arrived at the doctor's office and that the gynecologist was my professor!

Oh my gosh, it's such a good thing I woke up before I had to drop my pants or I would have had to drop out of that class!

So... more odd dreams?

Lot of times when you focuse, stress, or think of something good or bad it plays out in your dreams, happens to me and in the end happy, scary, or just doesn't make any sense, i dislike dreams, 6-8hrs that i want of nothing but drakness and rest.

My last odd dream king kong was knocking tress over and it was flying everywhere, like a movie, and one headed straight my way and i woke up, go figure.

Last night I dreamt that turtles were attacking me. One affixed itself to my pant-leg. I tried to shake it off, then suddenly one was hanging off my sleeve. I tried to get that one off and another one jumped on. They just kept coming. At first it was funny, but then it was kind of scary.

I dreamt that my son (an infant) and I were packing with his father to go on a trip. I was running around grabbing stuff, packing the car, in a big hurry, got everything, jumped in and drove half way there. Then look back and discover that the car seat containing my infant son was still at home. **facepalm** This dream still scares me. And now every time I back out of my parking spot, I look to be sure my son is there.

I was actually just going to start a thread about this. I'm scared of some of my dreams. Some people I love and care for give me dirty looks and follow me around at places and so forth! Ha! Another one is too scary to even describe here. Anyway, a lot of my dreams are at swimming pools and water-like places... I vacationed with the Swedish royal family recently and I never met them or even went to Sweden... I woke up completely baffled and in need of coffee and a shower... it was just... ODD. I mean, some of these dreams, like the one in Sweden... it was so... vivid. AHHHHH! What's with me? I must be insane!!!!

Maybe your Prof wants to examine you!

I have this dream every once in awhile. There's this blonde guy. We're in some kind of really casual class, and we flirt heavily, make out, get it on a little bit... in a roomful of people who don't bat an eye LOL. Then, when I turn him away, he ignores me and goes back to his buddies. I'm always a lot younger in the dream, I guess about high-school age. So weird how it's always the same guy though! I've never seen him before in my life, but I'm convinced I'll run into him one day on campus or something.

Have you ever had a dream where you really loved someone (but it wasn't someone you knew in real life), and then felt sad when you woke up?

Hah, yeah I've done this as well now that you mention it. I remember trying to figure out who this manifestation was supposed to represent, or if it was just an ideal.

Anyhoo, this morning I awoke with two prevailing images: a road being patched (not built, mind you) with a crane and some huge concrete slabs, and a very small field being irrigated by a deluge of water. I suppose the obvious meaning would be that I want to fix problems in my life, but I go about it all wrong and make them worse.

I had another weird dream about vampires last night. I don't remember exactly what happened... but there was a special place you had to sleep to be safe from them, I think...

I've had chronic vampire dreams for a long time... probably since the age of eight or so. Now whenever people here about my vampire obsession/fascination, they assume it's Twilight related. Gah.

Last night I had a dream about SuzyQ. It was weird, because sometimes she looked like a feminine girl, and other times she had really short hair and was dressed like a butch. Then it was just the two of us and we were surrounded by vampire/zombies, and I was fighting all of them trying to protect her...

Also, dreaming about her is totally not creepy... i swear.... >_>

Last night I had a dream about SuzyQ. It was weird, because sometimes she looked like a feminine girl, and other times she had really short hair and was dressed like a butch. Then it was just the two of us and we were surrounded by vampire/zombies, and I was fighting all of them trying to protect her...

Also, dreaming about her is totally not creepy... i swear.... >_>

Nope not creepy. I had a dream about you grey haha. It was after being on the Post a Photo thread. You posted the pic of you in a leather jacket with the guitar in the background. I went to sleep not long after and dreamt there was an ena members conference. You were dressed well and your hair was very shiny, like in the pic haha.

Have you ever had a dream where you really loved someone (but it wasn't someone you knew in real life), and then felt sad when you woke up? I have... lol

I forgot until I read that! I had a reoccurring dream like that for a short period of time. I think I was 15, and the dream was very simple--sunny day, our own house, being deeply in love. It was so sad to wake up every morning with a different life instead of my dream life.

Archived