girl from out of state

There's this girl I met when I was visiting a friend outside of my state. It turned out she developed a crush on me and we've been talking over facebook, texting, etc.

So I have a few questions:

1. how often should i text her?

2. my friend said I should ask her out, I don't get what he's saying; I can't just 'ask her out' by phone and expect to see her sometime soon. It's alot different than asking a girl out in person

3. if things do work out and we end up dating what's the best way to go about seeing her?

Something that's been getting at me is I feel like I'm responding to her crush on me by being flirty back. I don't want to shoot her down but I'm not sure how much I like her.

Edit: I know I wasn't crazy about her after meeting her, but I want to see if there is some kind of attraction there. she seems smart and she's growing on me so far.

Ok so let me get this straight - you're texting a girl who lives out of state and you don't even know how or when you will get to see her again AND you're not even sure if you like her.

Stop wasting her time and yours. Tell her gently that you're not interested in pursuing a long distance relationship so that she can find a guy who is in the same state and actually interested in her.

I know I'll get to see her in about a month, but yeah I'm leaning towards "do i like this girl enough to have a long distance relationship." I've only met her once in person and I guess I wasn't heads over heels for her after meeting her. If I she lived locally I would probably ask her out a few times before deciding that, but I don't like LDR's too much.

If texting is your thing than guess you can text few times a day and gauge how interested she is.

If you're honestly not sure of your feelings than wait until next time you see her. At least you're being reasonable.

How far do you two live from each other? If it's say a three hour drive than every weekend is possible. Anything further that requires a flight, it would be a bit more tricky.

Some bad news. I was supposed to visit her this weekend and I backed out because of a stupid cough. What should I do? I won't be able to see her for another 4-5 weeks unless I go for a surprise visit; not too sure how she feels about that. I feel like this ruined my chances with her at this point.

There's nothing wrong with greyhound, I just don't know how I'd get there after I get dropped off in the nearest drop-off city. The quoted taxi fare price from there to my destination would be $130 quite pricey.

For people who have been in LDR's, how often do you call or text? I feel like I haven't been doing it enough, the last time we texted each other was last Sunday and we haven't really talked on the phone.

Archived