Took the pill too early

neuf

Hello! I recently got the birth control pills, which I never used before. But I think I started to take the pills too early. My white period started to look darker, so I was pretty sure my real period should start, so I took the pill. But it didn''t start, so I have taken 2 pills during 2 days which I didn''t have period. So I wanted to ask should I stop taking the pill and wait for my period, or should I keep taking them? And when will my period starts when I keep taking them? Does it skip?

And does taking the pill too early effects the efficacy of the pill? Should I use some other protection too? And for how long?

Thank you for the answers!

I agree you should go back to your doctor if you are unsure about using them correctly, get all the facts you need, and use another form of contraception in the mean time. I don't use BC pills, but I think it takes a while for the body to get used to them and act effectively so to be safe, use condoms as well for the first week or so when you get back into the routine of taking the pill properly. Good luck and stay safe.

Keep taking them. After 1 week you should be protected. You take three weeks of pills and then you take sugar pills, get your period, and begin a new pack the next week

Having started early shouldn't affect the efficacy of the pill.

Archived