Going Raw

I am currently on my fourth day of the Master Cleanse, and when I go off I am going to try to eat 75% if not more raw. I am really excited for this and have been starting to compile some recipes. I was wondering if anyone else here eats raw or has before and has any tips or recipies to share.

Thanks!

i don't know any recipes for raw. any fruit?

recipe:

-get a bowl

-put in grapes, apple slices (with peels and core *gross*), pineapple (might hurt raw), watermelon (again, might hurt raw)

i have eaten some recipes with lemons sliced in with the peels on and ate it. it was actually really good. but i think it was steamed or something so everything was soft.

guess i need a more in depth idea of what you mean by raw.

A raw diet consits of fresh/ organic fruits, veggies, seeds, and nuts. You aren't supposed to cook the veggies, though sometimes lightly steamed is ok. You are also supposed to drink a lot of green smoothies. I am just looking for some interesting/ good recipies so that I'm not eating just fruit and salad everyday.

Metrogirl and ghost this video shows how to start transitioning to raw food/ what I mean when I say raw:

and this is an example of what i'm looking for:

I went to the library today and got two of the lady in the last video's books. Her name is Ani Phyo and she has a really good raw food recipie cook book. So i'll go through it and start copying down some of myfaves.

Anyone else here currently eat raw? Or interested in starting to?

Much like it sounds really - uncooked, unprocessed foods

link removed

I've never read about any rawist that includes any type of meat in their diet. Though some people who eat raw don't do it 100% and will incorperate occasional "bad" or favorite foods, which I guess could include meat.

I've been vegetarian for over 4 years, and am currently transitioning to a vegan lifestyle, or was before I began this cleanse. But I have read so many great things about being raw and want to give it a shot at least for a few months or so after I finish my fast.

Archived