I just can't take one more thing...

Life, to me, seems to be a "series of disappointments."

My beloved cat is currently in the Hospital for complications from Panceatitis and Diabeties.

My exhusband, for MONTHS now is REFUSING to cooperate with me regarding the sale/buy out of our Marital Home. I now, once again, have to get my Attorney involved.

I got a call from a good friend yesterday who ran into my Brother, who, for reasons UNKNOWN to anyone, has DIVORCED himself from my family.

I live everyday with my IC...it's a nightmare that has it's own thread.

I am facing back surgery at the end of this month.

I just CAN'T take ONE MORE THING.

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of being sick both physically and emotionally.

I harbor such resentment towards my exhusband, and my Brother, that it's making me physically ill. I am losing sleep and my appetite.

Why do some people "skate" through life unscathed, while others must suffer so much grief?

It's just not fair...

I am so sorry for all your troubles, honey. Seriously, ditch the bf, the ex husband hopefully you can rid yourself of and I think your brother will come back to the family at some point when he resolves his issues. The thing is though NO one skates through life. Some just seem to, but we do not see inside their head, live in their house and walk in their shoes. I know you have so many burdens but you could lighten some of them by letting go of things you have no control over and doing something about the things you can control, ie the bf.

I am praying for your kitty and your surgery. Hugs.

I wouldn't even know where to go or what to do......

I am with you there........lol....I think the last time I did anything that was even classified as pampering was like 2 years ago but you know what dang it??? I am going to do it THIS pay check and everyone be danged. Let's go get our nails done

Allie:

How do you mean you would not know where to go or what to do. So I'll suggest....

Two days/nights at a spa, pampering of the self, facial, nice massage, quiet time for you. I don't think it would be enormously costly. There are surely many of these places not far from where you live.

Otherwise, pick a salon of your choice, a good one, and have yourself pampered there for a few hours.

Then, meet a friend or two or three for afternoon coffee, cakes and healthy chat.!

Now, how does that all sound.

Hermes

So sorry about puss-cat. I love cats, and I can imagine you are feeling sad with your pet being ill.

Life is unfair, and that is how it is. Everyone has some burden or other.

The trick is not to bring down further burdens on your head at this time.

Hugs

Hermes

When i want to pamper myself, these are the kinds of things i do:

1. Get my hair done.

2. Get a pedicure.

3. Rent my favorite sappy chick flicks, romantic comedies, silly comedies, top rated movies and have a movie marathon.

4. Buy chips and dip and watch said movies.

5. Go to the library and browse for a good mystery that will hook me in and make me think about something else.

6. Take a relaxing drive in the country and visit an antique store.

I like lavenderdove, Hermes and Victorias posts. Too bad I can't rep any of them!

And Allie a lot of times I feel exactly the way you do. I have found myself thinking the same exact things. Why does everyone have it so easy and why is this this and this so difficult in my life (I have my own family, health, financial, legal etc problems that are too long to even explain on ENA). And I see other people that don't have the problems I do. For example they can talk to their mother about a problem they have and get advice. (I think YOU mentioned talking to your mother) Something very simple as this people have and I don't and maybe they even take it for granted.

And ironically people have said these things to me in the past. How happy I always look, like everything is great and I don't have a care in the world. How wrong they were!

So sorry about puss-cat. I love cats, and I can imagine you are feeling sad with your pet being ill.

Life is unfair, and that is how it is. Everyone has some burden or other.

The trick is not to bring down further burdens on your head at this time.

Hugs

Hermes

Thank you Hermes...it just seems like ONE thing after another after another, etc etc etc......

When i want to pamper myself, these are the kinds of things i do:

1. Get my hair done.

2. Get a pedicure.

3. Rent my favorite sappy chick flicks, romantic comedies, silly comedies, top rated movies and have a movie marathon.

4. Buy chips and dip and watch said movies.

5. Go to the library and browse for a good mystery that will hook me in and make me think about something else.

6. Take a relaxing drive in the country and visit an antique store.

All great ideas...especially #2!!!

Ah yes, when it rains it pours. It does seem that bad things seem to come all at once. I don't know if you are God-fearing or not, but even if you aren't (I'm not), the saying, "God never gives you more than you can handle", always rang true for me. Just when you think you can't take one more thing, you just want to crawl into a hole and disappear... things get better. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but they will. Have faith in the fact that you are an incredibly strong woman, and you WILL make it through all of this. It will not be easy, but you WILL succeed.

I second the suggstions of taking time for yourself, not necessarily a spa or something, but take time to see the beauty of life and focus on the good things for a while. When I'm feeling like life is kicking me in the cajones, I take the time to take a walk, enjoy the beauty and simplicity of nature, I go play with my daughter and enjoy the simple things that make her giggle, thus making me giggle, sometimes I even just get a sappy movie and have myself a good `ol cry. A tear-fest is always so cleansing! hehe Really though, focus on the good. I know it seems there is no silver lining to the clouds sometimes, but if you look hard enough, there is always one there. Smile lady, you deserve to be happy and you will be!

Sorry you have so much on your plate.

If you look around with a critical mind, I think you will see that the bottom line is that life is simply unfair. Some people, through no fault of their own, simply have more negative and painful life experiences than others.

I don't believe that we "choose" our life because of lessons we need to learn (as some new age groups tend to propose), so I just think its random bad luck.

For example, why was I born to middle class parents in a safe country where I had pretty much all my basic needs met, whereas someone else was born in Rwanda and had to watch their entire family get massacred in front of their eyes? There is no logical reason for it. It was random. I'm no better than they are. I am no more deserving than they are.

I don't want to derail this into a religious conversation, I am just commenting because I personally find that when I am really struggling in life, I remember that its not personal to me. Its just the cards I got dealt. And its not fair. That doesn't take all the pain away, but sometimes it just takes the edge off for a bit.

A good book that addresses this issue, written by a Rabbi, is When Bad Things Happen to Good People. Its the only book that I've ever read that manages to answer this question in an adequate way, to me.

Archived