How to get his attention?

dani_7

I have a casual friend that I'm starting to like as I get to know him. I want to get his attention without being direct. I have no idea if he is even interested in me, so I want to get his attention and make sure he likes me before I actually full on flirt or ask him out.

I have been doing a lot of online communication lately due to our schedules, but will get to see him this weekend. When I send him messages (facebook or text) I try to be flirty, but not over the top, chat a little, and then not reply to every thing he posts. In the last few weeks as our schedules have lighten up a bit, we have been chatting more.

I have heard the chat a little, then leave him alone method can work.

I have no idea how to get his attention, if what I am doing will work. I need tips or ideas to make sure I can get his attention.

What works and what doesn't?

We already hang out every few weeks as life allows so that isn't a problem. I want to make sure that I have his attention before I try and take it further. I also am going slow as we are both out of relationships by less than a year.

And sorry, but I wasn't aware that flirting, which is what I have been doing although lightly was playing games. Flirting IS how you do it. I'm just not sure HOW to flirt and make sure that I get his attention.

I don't know much about the girls he dates, but if his ex is his standard than I'm not his type, which is the main reason I am wanting to make sure I have his attention.

When I send him messages (facebook or text) I try to be flirty, but not over the top, chat a little, and then not reply to every thing he posts. In the last few weeks as our schedules have lighten up a bit, we have been chatting more.

I have heard the chat a little, then leave him alone method can work.

This is playing games. If you are planning to do things that will make him do something else, that is games.

I don't know much about the girls he dates, but if his ex is his standard than I'm not his type, which is the main reason I am wanting to make sure I have his attention.

If his ex was his standard, then wouldn't they be together? Maybe you are his type and she wasn't.

Putting the shoe on the other foot, what would you want him to do to find out if you liked him? Would you want him to flirt a little then to stop? To tempt you then pull away? Or would you prefer he just asks you?

Archived