This may be a silly question...

tbone22

I don't know if I am being mean or not so I was thinkin maybe you guys could help me with my minor dilemma, lol...

So tonight my friend came over and we were going to make tea... I have an electric kettle and my friend prepared the tea while I was doing something else anyways she put my kettle onto the burner of the stove, the bottom plastic of the kettle melted and it broke! She felt really bad and it was a really nice kettle, would you make your friend pay for a new kettle?

I'd just totally leave the territory alone... It really sucks she ruined the kettle but it was an accident and she apologized. Everyone has dumb moments.

(And I've personally been on the harassment side of repayment. Not that this is what you would ever do to her. My "friend" had her DAD call to harass me at about 1am about $40 I had already given back to here in cash, and she had spent. Great friend!)

I would let it go, it seems petty.

My friend lent me a pair of expensive, good quality exercise shorts. I thought I gave them back, she thought I didn't. Either way, the shorts were lost. I asked her if I could pay for half of a new pair and she said, "No way, it's not worth THAT friendship awkwardness!" Nor is an electric kettle, in my opinion.

No you don't make friends pay for things they accidently break at your house.

If they are a person of honor they will buy you a new one without saying a word.

If they don't and you are a person of honor then replace it yourself without saying a word.

Archived