What does reconciliation look like?

I was just wondering....what did your reconciliation look like?

While I would like to believe that the other person would just show up at my door and profess their love and regret...I'm pretty sure that isn't how it would go. But at the same time, it is hard not to have a guarded heart and to make that move into LC territory...

How did you guys handle that transition? Any advice is appreciated.

I was just wondering....what did your reconciliation look like?

While I would like to believe that the other person would just show up at my door and profess their love and regret...I'm pretty sure that isn't how it would go. But at the same time, it is hard not to have a guarded heart and to make that move into LC territory...

How did you guys handle that transition? Any advice is appreciated.

Well I have not handled that transition recently but if put into that position now, yeah my ex should pretty much show up, not neccessarily at my door, but show up professing something like love and regret or it is definitely a no go for me.

If you read over the threads here, pretty much everyone that I have seen that was the dumpee and initiated LC ended up back where they are now or in very instable relationships. And for those that had the dumper initiate, well the dumpees being so eager, took what they could get and in most cases, it was just friendship (hopeful dumpees mistake that) that left them back where they are now.

I hate to sound like a pessimist here but let's be real.

Are you in this place now or just wishful thinking?

I'm sort of in this position now.....dumper initiated (i'm the dumpee).

And no worries about sounding like a pessimist, I am one too that's why I find myself not really liking this transition after so long. It's not like its NC which is easy to follow...there are no hard and fast rules with LC and so I was just wondering how that worked out for some people.

Sounds like it is too easy to get friend-zoned.....

Archived