pretty girl with breakouts - how much would it bother you?

Elsewhere

I don't know what it is, it might be hormonal. It gets better and worse but there's always something and sometimes I just can't cover it with anything! Disgusted every time I look in the mirror!

Hey, I'll use the lower cut top tip lol

If someone likes you, they should like you for you spots n all. I think this is more dealing with how you feel about your acne. Have you seen a doctor to get a possible medical treatment?

Push-up bras, the healthier alternative to acne cream. Nobody with ever notice you acne again.

Clear skin is essential to a persons attractivness in my opinion. If i see a girl that looks like a 10 from a far and i get closer and she has a bunch of ance on her face it automatically brings her down to a 7 in my book lol...thats just me tho

If someone likes you, they should like you for you spots n all. I think this is more dealing with how you feel about your acne. Have you seen a doctor to get a possible medical treatment?

Push-up bras, the healthier alternative to acne cream. Nobody with ever notice you acne again.

No doubt in a perfect would he "should", but I think she would like to know realistically what guys are thinking. The hard truth is that bad skin can often be a big factor in attractiveness, especially as you get older (I think it is somewhat expected if you are in your teens).

No doubt in a perfect would he "should", but I think she would like to know realistically what guys are thinking. The hard truth is that bad skin can often be a big factor in attractiveness, especially as you get older (I think it is somewhat expected if you are in your teens).

And if they don't like her because she has spots, then she is better off without them.

the truth is it's not an all or nothing thing, like it's possible that it can detract from your attractiveness but it's kind of 1 variable in a great number of variables. I notice that sometimes girls are more focused on 'flaws' as if the game is to get as close to 100% as possible when attractiveness often has more to do with positives and if you're a guy whos attracted to a girl the positive aspects make the 'negative' aspects seem trivial or even attractive

A lot of people deal with acne in general- on and off, and some people who aren't currently dealing with it may experience it one day.

I think that you should focus most on feeling good about your skin and finding out which solutions work for you / figuring out what seems to trigger the acne in your case. But when it comes to what a guy thinks...all that does is add unnecessary stress and give you a Big headache : [. Screw what someone may or may not think : P.

Maybe you could create another thread in the Health section to receive some thoughts and advice for your skin as well.

My life changes constantly but what's constant is pimples!

I do try to eat well and take vitamins, I don't really stress about anything...

Matter of fact bad skin is what I stress about most!

And yes, if people pay attention to looks I may be better of without them, but I'd much rather have them intead of my pimples... Even I can't look at myself, I'm really selfconscious

It's not even that I think of guys but I just feel like it's disrespectful to look that awful, even talking to my female boss today I felt like I came to work in dirty clothes or without taking a shower

I went once to a dermatologist and she told me... "nah nothing's gonna work" she probably was thinking: "I have cancers to take care of, your problem is no problem to me"

It's not even that I think of guys but I just feel like it's disrespectful to look that awful, even talking to my female boss today I felt like I came to work in dirty clothes or without taking a shower

I went once to a dermatologist and she told me... "nah nothing's gonna work" she probably was thinking: "I have cancers to take care of, your problem is no problem to me"

Find a new dermatologist. Seriously. I recently went to mine because my skin is AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. And I feel like you - can't even look at myself. I KNOW I am no longer attractive to people and it's interfering with my life. They put me on Spirinoloctane (sp?) and it's gotten really good reviews about clearing up acne. Accutane is also REALLY good for clearing up acne. I would find a dermatologist and talk to him/her about those two options.

It's not even that I think of guys but I just feel like it's disrespectful to look that awful, even talking to my female boss today I felt like I came to work in dirty clothes or without taking a showerI went once to a dermatologist and she told me... "nah nothing's gonna work" she probably was thinking: "I have cancers to take care of, your problem is no problem to me"

I REALLY do feel your pain. That is exactly how I feel. I'm SO embarrased when I have to talk to people. And on Sunday I had a big family party to go to - I was dreading it (normally I love it) because I felt so emabrassed for everyone to see and I know what you mean about it feeling disrespectful. I'm sorry you're going through it too - but my derm told me that if you are an adult and no longer in puberty there's a good chance its hormonal (a lot of adult acne is) and that spironoloctane is for the treatment of hormonal acne.

Acne is treatable and dermatologists are the ones who treat it. So go to another dermatologist. Your skin can be clear in less than 6 months.

My bf and I started dating when I had really bad acne (from a period of horrible prolonged stress in my life). He was attracted to me despite my skin problems and apparently so were other guys because I still got asked out a whole lot. I was frustrated with the way my skin was but I didn't walk around like I was ugly and I got plenty of attention from guys.

PS my dermatologist put me on 4 things at once: Diane 35 (birth control but specifically for acne), Minocycline (antibiotic), Stieva A (a topical cream that basically exfoliates in layers--I love that stuff, it's a miracle) and Clindoxyl gel (another topical prescription, this one dries out pimples and works really well). Voila, skin way better in 3 months, totally clear in 4 months, and still flawless more than half a year later.

PS my dermatologist put me on 4 things at once: Diane 35 (birth control but specifically for acne), Minocycline (antibiotic), Stieva A (a topical cream that basically exfoliates in layers--I love that stuff, it's a miracle) and Clindoxyl gel (another topical prescription, this one dries out pimples and works really well). Voila, skin way better in 3 months, totally clear in 4 months, and still flawless more than half a year later.

What strength of minocycline were you on, do you remember?

I've heard Stieva is great. Also, Differin gives fantastic results as well.

Can I still be considered pretty with all the stuff that keeps growing on my face? I can't stop it with anything!

I'm wondering if I'm attractive like that? Have you ever liked someone despite of their bad skin?

Yes you can still be very pretty.

I've dated a couple of guys who would have breakouts here and there. Honestly, I liked the guy so I just saw past that. I think if you really bond with someone, there can be chemistry regardless if you've got a little acne. Be yourself and be confident because whatever you project from the inside will affect how people see you.

Now having said all that, I used to have horrible acne. So, I know how you feel. I sent you an email with some of the remedies I use which keep my skin nice and smooth. (I'm not sure if we can post brand names on the board??)

Archived