Women, what is the oldest guy you'd date?

riverhead

What do you mean when you say a 30 year old can live "the college life"? I assume it is just an expression of a lifestyle rather than that he is in college.

Personally I plan to attend a university/college when I have my financial goal reached. If all continues on it's current path I will be at that point at the age of 30. Which means I will be living "the college life" at the age of 30, nice

Yes I meant in lifestyle and maturity. Someone looking to 'get laid', going out drinking every night, sleeping in until 12, dreading the idea of getting older and settling down, not planning for the future ... that kind of thing. I think getting an education is sexy at any age - better late than never!

What is sick about wanting younger girls? I personally prefer them 5-9 years younger than me simply because a girl in that age group (16-20) are generally prettier and less experienced sexually as well. Not to mention that too many girls decide to put on weight once they pass 21. There are of course rare exceptions. 16 is the legal age where I'm from if anyone were about to get upset. I don't see why I should not fancy 25 year olds when I have turned 35 however.

To be honest, and I hope without offending you too much, I think your reason for dating younger women might fit into the category of "distasteful" reasons. It smells of sexism and control for a man to want to get the young girls basically while they are "fresh" and before they are spoiled - before sexual experience and while they are "prettier" as you say. For me, it's one thing for someone to be open to dating a man or woman of any age, and another to target a younger age group, particularly based on such physical/sexual factors. What about maturity, poise, wisdom and direction in life? No disrespect to any 16 year olds, because I was there not so long ago and remember the age fondly, but I am light-years more grown-up and mature than I was at that age (although not much more than I THOUGHT I was at that age, ha ha , and it's hard for me to imagine that man of 25 would have much in common with a girl that age beyond anything very superficial. Specifically wanting to date younger women because of their looks and sexual inexperience just raises a bit of a red alert flag in my mind.

What is sick about wanting younger girls? I personally prefer them 5-9 years younger than me simply because a girl in that age group (16-20) are generally prettier and less experienced sexually as well. Not to mention that too many girls decide to put on weight once they pass 21. There are of course rare exceptions. 16 is the legal age where I'm from if anyone were about to get upset. I don't see why I should not fancy 25 year olds when I have turned 35 however.

Sick... hmmm.. I don't know if sick is the accurate word. Immature might be though. To go after immature, or less mature girls yourself, specifically because you automatically assume girls your own age will be less pretty, fatter, and I dunno... sexually 'used up' or something.. that is incredibly immature. Sure, maybe you will call it a preference. But grape juice is also a preference over wine. Toddlers also drink out of sippy cups. Did you still drink out of a bottle when you were ten?

And I don't mean any disrespect to any 16-20 year old girls here, as I was once one of them. One simply goes through a LOT of changes from 16-25, and I think women can be stunning at any age. I'd highly recommend you finding that out and not limiting yourself. Perhaps you may begin to value one's mind, maturity and emotional experiences as well.

So, you think anything in regards to this should be based on what sounds you like to enter your ear? What on earth does that have to do with wether or not a relationship works.

This was only one example among many. The generation gap does often refer to pop culture - music is a common example of pop culture.

And no... it isn't a measure of compatibility. But yes, it is one example of things to "connect" on.

What do you mean when you say a 30 year old can live "the college life"? I assume it is just an expression of a lifestyle rather than that he is in college.

Personally I plan to attend a university/college when I have my financial goal reached. If all continues on it's current path I will be at that point at the age of 30. Which means I will be living "the college life" at the age of 30, nice

I will agree on the 30-year old college bit though.... to an extent. While the typical "college life" turns me off at my age, and I consider myself more of a grown up than my classmates... there is absolutely nothing wrong with attending at any age, and I don't think anyone should judge.

I will agree on the 30-year old college bit though.... to an extent. While the typical "college life" turns me off at my age, and I consider myself more of a grown up than my classmates... there is absolutely nothing wrong with attending at any age, and I don't think anyone should judge.

I dropped out of high school to join the army, then I got a boring 9-5 job until me and a friend started our own business. We plan on either selling it or getting a manager to run it before attending university for a short financial education. I do not need a student loan and the grades I get will be irrelevant, I have no intention of applying for a job. I just want to learn more about finance. I am actually considering a move to the US or UK for that, worldwide listings place their schools at the top.

This was only one example among many. The generation gap does often refer to pop culture - music is a common example of pop culture.

And no... it isn't a measure of compatibility. But yes, it is one example of things to "connect" on.

I just wanted to point out that I find it funny how much weight people sometimes put on things like music or movie preference. It has little to do with how a person is.

What about maturity, poise, wisdom and direction in life?

I have the direction in life that I need for myself, I do not require my girl to work when I do settle into a relationship. If she wanted it I would not object but I would see no reason for it.

Maturity is not an attractive trait for me in a girl in the way youth is. Do not get me wrong, I do want an intelligent girl, but young does not mean she's not intelligent.

That being said, if it is not for a relationship I simply do not care about most of these things. Any pretty girl goes for a one night stand but I still prefer them younger. As long as it is within legal limits, there is nothing wrong with it. If necessary I may ask a girl for her ID if I suspect her to be 15, I would never break the law for a lay.

Yes I meant in lifestyle and maturity. Someone looking to 'get laid', going out drinking every night, sleeping in until 12, dreading the idea of getting older and settling down, not planning for the future ... that kind of thing. I think getting an education is sexy at any age - better late than never!

Well, I only drink once a month but then I get hammered. I often sleep in until 12 and I am looking to get laid whenever I feel the need. So I guess I am living your description of a college life

and I think women can be stunning at any age.

Of course that is true for some, but not all. Most decline for whatever reasons, overweight being a heavy sinner in that department.

I personally consider taking care of your appearance an important character trait as well as an attraction trigger.

I just wanted to point out that I find it funny how much weight people sometimes put on things like music or movie preference. It has little to do with how a person is.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I don't think a disproportionate weight should be put on such preferences, however I do believe they are important, as they can tell something of a person's character and they can be a point of intersection - a tool used to connect. The music I personally listen to is most certainly not ALL that I am as a person by far... yet it most certainly is an important part of who I am. Similar with movies.. or books... or art. Both my favorite artist and favorite author since childhood ... I grew up to learn they share the same chronic condition as me.

Some preferences exist for a reason, and when you explore them with people... you learn.

Maturity is not an attractive trait for me in a girl in the way youth is. Do not get me wrong, I do want an intelligent girl, but young does not mean she's not intelligent.

That being said, if it is not for a relationship I simply do not care about most of these things. Any pretty girl goes for a one night stand but I still prefer them younger. As long as it is within legal limits, there is nothing wrong with it. If necessary I may ask a girl for her ID if I suspect her to be 15, I would never break the law for a lay.

Well I guess I'm glad to hear you wouldn't go so far as statutory rape for your fetish. And in my opinion that is exactly what it borders on.... a fetish.

I'll just remind you though... youth fades. Even yours. And yes... younger girls can be intelligent. Some can possess their own share of wisdom too (not that you've professed to be attracted to that at all), but more wisdom comes with more living, and perhaps someday you may value it more.

Of course that is true for some, but not all. Most decline for whatever reasons, overweight being a heavy sinner in that department.

I personally consider taking care of your appearance an important character trait as well as an attraction trigger.

Absolutely taking care of yourself is a good thing to do... but who says women don't? Some don't, many do. Some men don't either.

I can think of a handful of 30-40 year old knockouts- not declined at all. Yet I can also think of quite a number of 20-something hot messes out there.

I'm not sure what your definition of "decline" exactly is other than just gaining weight- but I gotta say I think that one is half fear. My ex used to express this fear as well. "Don't gain weight.. please don't gain weight.." ... Yet I never gained an ounce while with him... and I've lost weight since. Some women gain, some don't. Some men gain, some don't.

Right now I personally weigh a bit less than I did when I was 20, and I'm told often that I look younger. I just say "thank you"... but I'm fine with my age. My own 25 year old boyfriend knows he's lucky, and very happy to be with a mature, yet youthful 30-year-old.

Um, a 25 year old dating a 16 year old is child molestation. It still sick for older guys to date young girls. I am 39 and pretty much look like I did at 25 or so.

Archived