Best way to get over someone???

whattodo12

So my girlfriend and I broke up a little over a month ago. Things were rocky before and she ended up having sex with another guy 2 days after we were "on a break." (We were dating for 3 years prior.) Well that ended things abruptly and now I'm just wondering how to get over her. She is seeing this guy she had sex with and is about to start dating him seriously. Makes me feel like s*** because I feel like she thinks this other guy is well worth more than I ever was. I told her it wasn't a good idea to start dating a guy so soon.

I did the usual ways of getting over someone: stopped talking, removed her from friends list on facebook (out of sight out of mind)... Things were going good until I found out she wanted to start dating this guy. Just really hurts because 1) its too early and 2) this is the guy she had sex with 2 days after we took a break....

I need more ways to get over this girl because at times it has effected me pretty bad

Should I find myself a pretty little rebound? It wouldn't be fair to her, but maybe thats a casualty I'm willing to take.

Should I find myself a pretty little rebound? It wouldn't be fair to her, but maybe thats a casualty I'm willing to take.

If you want to stoop down to her level, I say go for it. If you care a little more, you should know this is not a good idea. How do you get over an ex? You become selfish, self absorbed and obsessed with yourself. Do things for yourself, improve yourself and learn to be comfortable with yourself and 'strut your stuff.' Keep yourself busy with productive activities to make sure you are doing 2 key things in a breakup: 1.) getting over her by keeping your mind occupied with thoughts that are not about her and 2.) Improving yourself so that when the next woman comes around, you can show her a better you, than you showed your ex.

Yeah but its so not fair... we both knew we needed a break towards the end of our relationship... I thought we could do it civilly, but she had to go and have sex with another guy 2 days after we decided to take a break. Its like she gets the best of our situation... she gets to have sex with someone else... and she gets a distraction.... whatever happened to doing things the right way?

Unfrotunately, once you two are not official, she can do as she pleases, and so can you. You are more than welcome to pick up a rebound, but it is just going to drag you further into drama and extend a break up process for no real good reason. Your silence will speak heavier down the road, but you have to be patient. I guarantee that if you get a rebound she will shrug her shoulders and say 'Its just a rebound' and she won't pay much attention to it. Then, you will have gotten yourself into a tighter position. You will be trying to get over an ex, and then trying to get your rebound to udnerstand that she was just that...a rebound.

You want to be revengeful? Again, consume yourself in your self-improvement. When she sees how great you can be without her, it will hit her right where it hurts.

She probably wanted a break to justify sex with this guy.

It wasn't too soon for her, just for you.

Until you cut the emotional tie to her, you'll still hurt.

I know it sucks, but you need time and distance.

Thanks, thats what I feel deep down, but it would bring such pleasure to hurt her right now.... of course I wouldn't get a rebound right now bc I'm not that kind of person... but that still doesn't stop the thought of it...

Also, would what she did to me be considered cheating? When we decided to take a break, we had the intentions of getting back together and that we agreed we were nowhere near ready to meet new people. 2 days after we decided to take a break... she went out, got hopeless about us, got drunk, and had sex with this guy... she says she didn't cheat because she didn't go behind my back, but I say it is...

Archived