This guy asked me to the movies..but something he said bothered me

ImNotYourBabe

We went to see a movie and in conversation about what types of movies I like I told him I love comedies..I mentioned a particular comedy movie (I can't remember which movie it was) and he said "If you want to see that movie you will have to pay for that crap" I mean I don't have a problem paying for a movie but what he said just seemed so lame.....I just felt kinda insulted. I'm not going out with him again because other things he said on the date bothered me too. I just feel like he was rude. Would that have bothered you a bit? Also he kept saying how FINE he thought Beyonce and Halle Berry was, like he kepts saying! Beyonce has the best curves she's fine she's fine she's fine. I just wanted to die right there. ugh!!!!

Nope - I personally dont feel that I would have to pay for a movie that I dont want to see.

If my friends or girlfriend asked me to sit through 2 hours of what I would define as torture, they better be buying!

Im with him on this. But I also respect that its not for you and enough to move on (considering the other things he said).

NO it has nothing to do with the paying of the movie, its the way he said it...he said it in a mean way! Like insulting me...He asked me to go to a movie that I would never see but I went to see it with him just because..I mean its just a movie. I didn't even say I wanted to see the particular comedy I mentioned...I was just explaining what type of movies I like..he added that mean comment..he seems childish.

NO it has nothing to do with the paying of the movie' date=' its the way he said it...he said it in a mean way! Like insulting me...He asked me to go to a movie that I would never see but I went to see it with him just because..I mean its just a movie. I didn't even say I wanted to see the particular comedy I mentioned...I was just explaining what type of movies I like..he added that mean comment..he seems childish.[/quote']

It sounds like he was talking to you like you were one of his friends. Honestly, and this may be because I'm a guy, but that wouldn't even hit my radar.

It sounds like he was talking to you like you were one of his friends. Honestly, and this may be because I'm a guy, but that wouldn't even hit my radar.

yeah I understand what you mean. I just really don't want to be hearing about how fine you think Beyonce is with her fabulous body and Halle Berry with her fine a**. I guess I'm kinda mad right now. lol

I think he was joking. Lots if movie buffs have his kind of holier than thou attitude, same with music fanatics. They take themselves really seriously. But I don't think this s his case, if t s.. It's probaby a half joking kind of thing, which is in line with my sense of humour so I'm not offended like hex. But If it offends you, then there's no pt in continuing, he's not going to change his sense of humor anytime soon

yeah I understand what you mean. I just really don't want to be hearing about how fine you think Beyonce is with her fabulous body and Halle Berry with her fine a**. I guess I'm kinda mad right now. lol

Yeah, see, he was talking to you like a friend. That's probably his guy-way of opening up and being friendly.

He sounds like he missed that day in kindergarten where basic manners were taught. I don't think he knows you well enough yet to speak to you that way and to assume that you'll know it's a joke - if he had manners, he wouldn't want to risk offending you. Obviously it's subjective - if you'd been joking like that before then it's more understandable but it sounds like that's not the situation.

It would put me off as well. but then I am the type of person to say it right there to him. I would prob say well if your going to say something rude like that why even ask my opinion? Personally, if I had invited my bf out to a movie and said to him ok what do you want to see, and it wasnt something that was my cup of tea, I would say hey I would prefer to see something else but if that is what you want to go see then ok. Plus I ended up seeing cool movies I wouldnt have normally I guess this is more along the lines of what you personally like and dont like in people. I personally would have been turned off as well at the remark and the other remarks while someone else would have been indifferent. You are you and you know what you like.

I would take it as a joke. If I were comfortable enough around a girl I was going to go on a date with, I'd probably say something just like your guy said, just as a tease - and I'd make sure I was saying it to someone who'd "get it" and not take offense. I'm sure he was also comfortable around you due to the Beyonce/curves thing, but I personally wouldn't go there.

He sounds like he missed that day in kindergarten where basic manners were taught. I don't think he knows you well enough yet to speak to you that way and to assume that you'll know it's a joke - if he had manners, he wouldn't want to risk offending you. Obviously it's subjective - if you'd been joking like that before then it's more understandable but it sounds like that's not the situation.

Batya, you'd HATE going out with me. I don't think humor is disrespectful. I think expecting the pedestal so early is a bit unrealistic. But again, I'm sure my mileage varies. My madcappery tends to work for me more often than not.

Batya, you'd HATE going out with me. I don't think humor is disrespectful. I think expecting the pedestal so early is a bit unrealistic. But again, I'm sure my mileage varies. My madcappery tends to work for me more often than not.

I find it kind of a turn-on when I can shoot humor like that at someone and they can shoot it right back at me. If I can walk up to a girl (that I know) and rip on her earrings, I'd fully expect her to rip on the size of my head, and that kind of honesty without being over the top insulting is kind of refreshing in a world where everyone has to keep their mouth shut. I'd NEVER do that to a girl I didn't know or who I knew would take it the wrong way, though.

I find it kind of a turn-on when I can shoot humor like that at someone and they can shoot it right back at me. If I can walk up to a girl (that I know) and rip on her earrings, I'd fully expect her to rip on the size of my head, and that kind of honesty without being over the top insulting is kind of refreshing in a world where everyone has to keep their mouth shut. I'd NEVER do that to a girl I didn't know or who I knew would take it the wrong way, though.

Yeah, see, that's what I like too. If you can't keep up, you bore me and must go off to the land of grey, quiet people I walk by on the street.

lol, luckily, you're gay and she's married.

i've been offended on a first date when the guy spent most of the time talking about his ex-gf and how beautiful her breasts were. i didn't want a second date after that.

giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, do you like him besides those 2 comments (about the actresses and the movie?) did you have a fun time with him?

for me, going on a movie date is less about the movie, and more about spending time with the guy. i would go no matter what piece of crap movie he wanted me to see with him. i can go watch a romance with a friend if i want to. beyonce and halle berry are beautiful, that is just fact. i would be more pissed if he kept talking about women he knew in real life on our date.

lol, luckily, you're gay and she's married.

i've been offended on a first date when the guy spent most of the time talking about his ex-gf and how beautiful her breasts were. i didn't want a second date after that.

giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, do you like him besides those 2 comments (about the actresses and the movie?) did you have a fun time with him?

for me, going on a movie date is less about the movie, and more about spending time with the guy. i would go no matter what piece of crap movie he wanted me to see with him. i can go watch a romance with a friend if i want to. beyonce and halle berry are beautiful, that is just fact. i would be more pissed if he kept talking about women he knew in real life on our date.

for me it doesn't matter if its a fact if they are beautiful or not..I mean okay say it one time if you think they are beautiful...but multiple times on a date...why would you want to keep talking about them?..it just doesn't make any sense...if I wanted to talk about other women and how beautiful they are I would be gay I guess? I have no idea...anyways I just was rubbed the wrong way..I'm just not going to see him again.

for me it doesn't matter if its a fact if they are beautiful or not..I mean okay say it one time if you think they are beautiful...but multiple times on a date...why would you want to keep talking about them?.. I have no idea...anyways I just was rubbed the wrong way..I'm just not going to see him again.

I agree with you, I wouldn't see him again either. Just not my type of person...

Archived