Just need to get a read on the situation

theproman23

So I met up with a girl, I met online, a few days ago. We met at a local bar to watch a hockey game and had a few drinks, as we're both huge hockey enthusiasts.

We were there for 4 and a half hours and had a lot of things to talk about. One thing I made sure to do was to not bring up her divorce. I am 25 she's 26 and has been divorced for about 2 yrs.

The one thing was that I did a lot of the talking. I had to ask her a lot of questions to get her to talk. Part of me thinks she's a shy person or even reserved seeing what she's already gone through.

I would have thought she wasn't interested, as she didn't really ask me too many questions and I had to volunteer a lot of info. about myself, but she was all about a second date when I suggested we get together again.

My question is should I be worried this how things will be if we continue to hang out or should I attribute her lack of questions to be to a lack of interest or shyness? Her and I have extremely similar opinions about a lot of things in life and she seems like a really nice person.

I personally want to give it a few dates to see if she warms up and has more to say without me having to get her to talk. I am not freaking out or anything, I just want to see if anyone has run in to this on their "first date/pre dates"

Shy people do warm up the more they get to know someone. I'm quiet at first but get more chatty the more I know a person. That said, I think I ask quite a few questions even the first time I meet someone. I'd say go on another date. maybe you could ask her questions like 'So if you had to describe yourself in 10 words, what words would you choose?' and see if she says 'shy, quiet' etc. That may give you more indication about her personality.

First off, as a Habs fan, I'm looking forward to a possible first round matchup.

Back to the topic, shy people don't open up right away. Obviously, she's pretty shy but don't rule her out just yet. Go on at least one more date with her and see how it goes.

First off, as a Habs fan, I'm looking forward to a possible first round matchup.

Back to the topic, shy people don't open up right away. Obviously, she's pretty shy but don't rule her out just yet. Go on at least one more date with her and see how it goes.

Haha now I've gotta give you credit to paying attention to the location I put down but I've gotta assume unless you are a north east division hockey fan you would have no clue why I put that down.

Yes I am looking forward to the match up as well. I've got season tickets and my play off tickets coming soon so it should be a good few weeks coming up.

Going back to the girl. I don't intend to give up on her. She's really cool and the fact that our thoughts and opinions click so much just makes me like her more. I called her tonight to make a date for the last home game coming up and she was really excited and we talked about our weekends and she seemed pretty responsive. I am hoping I get more of that as we go along.

Thanks for the advise and good luck in the playoffs!!

Shy people do warm up the more they get to know someone. I'm quiet at first but get more chatty the more I know a person. That said, I think I ask quite a few questions even the first time I meet someone. I'd say go on another date. maybe you could ask her questions like 'So if you had to describe yourself in 10 words, what words would you choose?' and see if she says 'shy, quiet' etc. That may give you more indication about her personality.

Thanks for the advise on the asking her the question. I think slow down a bit when I am having a conversation with her though. Because when we met up for the first time I asked her a few questions like that and she had a difficult time coming up with what to say so I sorta helped her out. I also started to cut her off a few times and this is exactly what I try not to do.

May be a little patience from my end will be good too

PS She's an awesome girl from what I can tell so far!

Some people just get nervous & clam up on 1st, 2nd or even 3rd dates. My husband barely spoke a word the first month we were dating, now I can't get him to shut up!

Yeah I was just curious if people have faced the same situations. I haven't really dated that much and I just needed to understand if that's normal.

Archived