How much contact in a relationship?

Springs

Hey

Just wondering what you guys think is a healthy amount of contact for a good relationship. I get to see my other half once a week but we speak on the phone every day, as well as quite a lot of texting/emailing every day too. It feels like I need that much contact with him, but in another relationship, I could have went for days without contacting my bf..and we were quite happy with each other (just split because of money issues!!).

Just curious

Hey

Just wondering what you guys think is a healthy amount of contact for a good relationship. I get to see my other half once a week but we speak on the phone every day, as well as quite a lot of texting/emailing every day too. It feels like I need that much contact with him, but in another relationship, I could have went for days without contacting my bf..and we were quite happy with each other (just split because of money issues!!).

Just curious

I think it really depends on how busy each of you are & how convenient (or difficult) it is to see each other. If you lived near each other & weren't that busy, it would seem strange to me to only see each other once a week. But if you are both quite busy & live say, an hour apart, once a week might make sense. I talk to my bf pretty much every day. We live together, but when one of us is away (work or vacation) we still generally chat on the phone for a bit. In the very least, text each other a few times during the day. But I'm in the military & deploying soon, so I'm sure talking every day won't be feasible. That is a circumstance of the situation, and not so much stemming from the relationship itself. I think it really depends on your individual situation and if your situation makes it easy or difficult to stay in contact. And hey, if you both are satisfied with talking every day & seeing each other once a week, it doesn't really matter what's "normal" if you're happy with things the way they are!

I txt my bf quite often throughout the day, he calls me every once in a while, but because of his phone plan he has a very limited number of talking minutes. I see him once or twice a week. My cousin on the other hand sees her bf every day. I think it's good not to spend too much time with a significant other, just because you might start becoming reliant on their presence, but that may just be my view on it.

I don't think there a set amount of communication that's considered "healthy". It depends on what you both want and are comfortable with. If the two of you get as much as you want or need, than it's healthy.

What's not healthy is when one person is constantly worrying and doubting the other person when they don't have constant reasurance or communication.

Archived