when is it a good time to start dating or seeing someone again?

i just dont know what it is but for some reason I can never just jump back into a relationship. im just getting over a 2 1/2 year relationship. im tryin to be strong. its only been 12 days NC. i miss her terribly. we both had faults. anyways, i see some of my friends go to the next person like nothing. i was never that way. it does suck sometimes like even if im hanging out with a new girl i still have my ex in the back of my mind. i feel like it takes me forever to stop thinkin about her. Maybe i just need to stop thinkin about relationships and just have fun. I remember before this 2 1/2 year relationship ended i felt the same way with this girl when we first started goin out. I wouldnt open up to her or anything right away. i kept thinkin about someone else. maybe i just need to focus on me for awhile but lately a few girls have been wanting to hangout and it doesnt feel right at all. anyone go thru this before? thanks

You said it yourself... You need to stop thinking about relationships and just have fun. You can hang out with these girls but make sure they understand you are not looking to date...strictly friendship. Have fun, go out out and enjoy yourself with them. Bask in the glory of your single life. When you are ready to get into another relationship, the person will be there.

just got out of a 2 yr relationship too, it's been 2 weeks no contact. its tough. i know for a fact that if i were to go on a couple dates it would help me, but i don't even have that! ur lucky man.

anyways i'm not too pressured to get back on the horse anytime soon, like you i still feel the sting. i'm gonna give myself at least 3 months until i start kicking myself to go out and find a new girl. but in the mean time if i were like u, i'd go on those dates immediately!

You said it yourself... You need to stop thinking about relationships and just have fun. You can hang out with these girls but make sure they understand you are not looking to date...strictly friendship. Have fun, go out out and enjoy yourself with them. Bask in the glory of your single life. When you are ready to get into another relationship, the person will be there.

^Good advice.

Reclaim yourself and achieve the personal growth you desire. From the break up you will grow in many ways. For me, I am opening way up socially. Hang with friends, make new ones, practice your flirting and conversation skills with women, enjoy life.

As fLuiD said, when the time is right, that special someone will be in your life. It's like, you have to ignore relationships and love yourself and have a larger purpose in life for someone to feel attracted to you.

i dated a guy that claimed he loved me for about 5 months.

he dumped me the day before valentines day

three days later I joined link removed

the next day I got an email from a very good looking, nice guy

started talking.. when my ex claimed he wanted to work it out, i told match man I can only be friends, he said its okay, so we continued texting and emailing daily.

here I am about 6 weeks post break up- 10 days since I heard from the ex.

I went to dinner with match guy twice and have another date this thursday.

I still think about my ex. woner why he just stopped calling and blew me off.

I get sad sometimes because I do miss him.

I told match guy I want to take it slow.. hes okay with that- I am not using him in any way to get over my ex, I honestly like him and think hes great, I get frustrated because I want to forget my ex so badly.. but I cant because im still angry.

So my point was, Do whatever is right for YOU everyone is different

Archived