Why do men like women who play "hard to get"

justagirl09

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely hate the chase, so I don't play the "hard to get" game. I hate that some women won't show interest in me unless I manipulate them and play some sort of poker game to convince them to show interest in me. If I have to work that hard to attract a woman, I'm immediately turned off.

I didn't even know the concept of playing hard to get until the past 2 years. It's exhausting. Most people find me interesting and a bit unusual but here's what happens. I seem warm and expressive and then guys assume I don't need to be pursued because I have no "attitude". It seriously sucks. Not that I've met anyone that I was attracted to because they play games too and it's offputting. I'd rather he's a bit weird/dark but real.

Heres my problem with this hard to get, how do you know the person your chasing is playing the hard to get game or just doesn't wanna do anything with you ? Cause i don't wanna become one of those annoying people chasing the girl who cant get the message.

Hmmmm just ask her?

I think I play hard to get sometimes without really being aware of it. Guess it's because I am always busy, guys I meet text and ring my phone off the wall. But the minute I give them attention they back away. It's annoying. I don't like games. I find it to be immature.

Especially when guys play hard to get... Stop a

wasting my time. I'm a big girl I can handle rejection. Stop leading me on, and if you like me and you are busy then tell

me so. I can't stand when people beat around the bush.

I am a really busy person, so I tend to seem hard to get right off the bat. I'm not likely to cancel any plans that I have, or go out of my way for someone that I've just met and don't really know. This has caused frusteration and I've had men get irritated and quit me after a few dates for this very reason. I kind of like to think of it as a filter for the needy and controlling ones.

However, once I get to know someone...if I really like them, they know it.

If your like me shy, low confidence, and so forth it can be hard.

Very true. It is hard for anyone! If I were a man, I wouldn't waste waste my precious time on a girl who's just playing with my emotions and has no intention of being with me, so I'd rather ask her and get shot down than sitting around wondering about what she wants.

Right' date=' because she's gonna say "Oh silly, I'm just playing hard to get![/quote']

Haha you are absolutely right, but I'm sure if a girl is genuinely interested, she'd react in a different way unless she is a...robot.

Very true. It is hard for anyone! If I were a man, I wouldn't waste waste my precious time on a girl who's just playing with my emotions and has no intention of being with me, so I'd rather ask her and get shot down than sitting around wondering about what she wants.

That sounds easier and best way to go on but for a person like me the what ifs can really hold you back.

In the past I've often not played hard to get, and in many cases it backfired. Now I am dealing with a guy I truly like and am playing hard to get to some extent. For one, I will tell him I am dating others, though in reality I'm not interested in that. I also have a life outside of him and when I talk to him I'll mention that I haven't been waiting around for him to call (though in reality I am). Third, I'm letting him call since I was the last one to call. Will it help? I hope so, because I really do have a life outside of dating and even if I marry sometime I'll still keep that life (I don't mean dating, just activities in generaL). People (male and female) have actually suggested all of this so he doesn't get scared (he told me I scared him a little). If he doesn't come around I plan to be like this with any guy. Right now there's a classmate from high school (haven't seen in many years) who keeps asking me out and thinks I am playing hard to get with him. In his case I have zero interest in dating him at all.

I am a really busy person, so I tend to seem hard to get right off the bat. I'm not likely to cancel any plans that I have, or go out of my way for someone that I've just met and don't really know. This has caused frusteration and I've had men get irritated and quit me after a few dates for this very reason. I kind of like to think of it as a filter for the needy and controlling ones.

Hmmm... As a guy, I would find your behavior a major turnoff. To me it would appear that you have no real interest in dating, so I would move on to find a woman that does.

I wouldn't call girls who don't play hard to get "easy", that's a whole other connotation that is not usually preferable...

I don't see why people have something against girls who are easy. I think it's respectable to go after what you want as long as you don't go out of your way to hurt people. Girls who don't play hard to get are typically friendlier towards guys in a sexual sense. Guys are easy, generally girls don't have to play games with us pretending they don't like us.

I don't see why people have something against girls who are easy. I think it's respectable to go after what you want as long as you don't go out of your way to hurt people. Girls who don't play hard to get are typically friendlier towards guys in a sexual sense. Guys are easy, generally girls don't have to play games with us pretending they don't like us.

If a girl is "easy", it means she is that way towards most, if not all, guys. Typically, "easy" is nearly synonymous with unfaithful.

If a girl is "easy", it means she is that way towards most, if not all, guys. Typically, "easy" is nearly synonymous with unfaithful.

Just because a girl is easy while single, doesn't mean she will cheat when all of that sexual energy is directed at you, and you, in turn, satisfy her.

Just because a girl is easy while single, doesn't mean she will cheat when all of that sexual energy is directed at you, and you, in turn, satisfy her.

It's not a guarantee, but it's a good, probable indicator, in my opinion and experience. There are exceptions to every generalization

It's not a guarantee, but it's a good, probable indicator, in my opinion and experience. There are exceptions to every generalization

I have the opposite experience, with the easy girls being open about what they want and if the guy no longer meets it (and at that point either breaking up or giving the guy a chance to fix it), as opposed to going behind the guy's back and 'satisfying' it.

Men want what they can't get. So do women. It's why we now have the Internet and why we can defy gravity.

Having said that, flaky behaviour is a major turn-off.

The natural progression towards a viable relationship is:

1. Boy meets girl and they're mutually attracted.
  2. Boy asks girl out and due to attraction and positive experience, continue dating.
  3. They like each other so much that they decide to get into a relationship.

All these silly games do, is to lead to trust issues and drama.

Archived