Six months post break up, ex and rebound broke up

dhor

Okay so my ex and her rebound just broke up recently and I havent spoke to her since the beginning of January and that was just a light catcher up convo initiated by me. I'm not sure where to go from here. It seems like only a few weeks ago I started enjoyign my single life and living my life to the fullest. I want to contact her but when will it be too soon? Or should I just let whats meant to happen happen. ie wait for us to meet down the road or just keep living my life until I find love again?

it depends how long the break up was. If she truly wanted to work things out she wouldnt have gotten a rebound. She obviously still had some wild oats to sow and so should you. People truly cant get involved in old and new relationships until they have moved on and accepted the past. Doesnt seem like you have so if i were you keep doing what your doing. do not initiate contact again. Let her be the one but dont focus on that. Enjoy single living for a while while you have it to enjoy.

You probably need to know these things before you inject yourself back into the picture.

Agreed. Why wouldn't you live life to the fullest with your partner? That does not make sense. The people in your life are not supposed to hold you back. They are supposed to be your partner in crime, etc.

Read Cuz's threads - he is in the same boat and the scales are not in his favour right now.

Id leave things be. If she wants to come back to you, she will. And like others say. Make sure enough time has passed - you dont want to be the fallback guy.

If you are to talk to her, let her work for your attention and time. Do not backtrack just because she is in contact now. Honestly, it's a little rude to try to talk to you now that her and her rebound broke up. Don't be "that" guy... the one that's the emotional cushion for her whenever she feels like she's alone.

Thanks for all the great advice guys. I was thinking with my heart earlier, not my brain.

I truly am over the break up though and haven't felt depressed in a long time. So i'm just gonna keep on trucking on, enjoying myself. And if she wants to give it another shot I'm willing to try, but I'm not going chase after her again. I did that after the break-up and probably drove her away.

She knows my phone numbers, email, and still has me on Facebook so I'll just wait for that day to come where she starts poking her nose around again.

Thanks again guys!

Archived