Winks from across the country

Jetta

I'm curious, why do guys on link removed wink from half way accross the country? They're usually attractive guys, but there's no way I'm moving out of state and leaving my daughter so there's no point in even going there, am I right?

I've gotten winks from guys as far as as Maine, California and Virginia. I'm in Minnesota. So that's not anything that's really doable as far as a relationship would go, so why the wink? I gave CA guy a chance but that fizzled pretty quickly. I'm really curious why guys even show interest in a person so far away. Are they just not having luck in their neck of the woods and want to branch out? How do they even find my profile?

i think they are bored. why not 'wink' at a pretty woman? winks don't mean that they want to date seriously. or maybe some guys have the means to date women outside of the state? or they are married and want to hook up with women in a different area code.

Guess I'm too serious about even dating. But I don't want to vest my time in a relationship that isn't leading toward something long term. And I've leaned a little from my mom's age group about dating and how eventually someone has to relocate, usually the woman and it can break people up. So why even start if there's no potential for long term is my way of thinking.

When I had a profile on Match, I got guys not even in this country. I'm not just talking winks either, I'm talking messages. It was frustrating and no way am I getting involved with a long distance relationship. I've done one and it didn't work because of the distance (I still talk to the guy). The guy I like met a woman from Match in another state, moved there (having never met her before) then was there 6 months. I wouldn't do that.

well, i'd look and see. some people might have family in your area and visit frequently. i guess it depends on the the individual. but for sure, when i did match, i had a note saying i was looking for men in a 25 mile radius. for the most part, i didn't bother responding to those out of it.

Archived