The more time passes, the more worthless I feel...

HellFrost666

What is your field, Helly?

I thought of something you may not have considered to look - Cooperatives.

Was thinking about this today as yet another one of my buds was laid off at a job, and (luckily) I haven't had that problem yet. And I don't think it is a matter of my skills that I haven't - I'm thinking it's the protection that I get working in a co-op (it's not so easy to just lay someone off) and the net that is there for me if my job does ever get cut.

Also, if you can get yourself into a union somehow, that would help.

What is your field, Helly?

I thought of something you may not have considered to look - Cooperatives.

Was thinking about this today as yet another one of my buds was laid off at a job, and (luckily) I haven't had that problem yet. And I don't think it is a matter of my skills that I haven't - I'm thinking it's the protection that I get working in a co-op (it's not so easy to just lay someone off) and the net that is there for me if my job does ever get cut.

Also, if you can get yourself into a union somehow, that would help.

Union jobs are rare here... I can only think of one place that's union and it's almost impossible to get in there. You have to know someone or be someone's kid.

I tried to get a job at a co op place back in December. They said I was over qualified. Good suggestion though.

I PMed you about my field... I don't like posting that on the public forum. I have a good reason.

Shoot. Yes, it seems there is a real weakening and destruction of unions lately, eh. That is too bad too from my point of view.

One more idea. Any way you could put your Norwegian to work for now? Like, putting up an ad at schools that you could teach, tutor, some special service that uses your special language skill.

Archived