If he broke up with me, why isn't he trying to get rid of any memory of me?

abigheart

I'm just curious if your bf/gf was like this when he/she dumped you or if you are the dumper - Did they try to remove every trace of you or still seem to let things be as they were?

My bf of 2 years broke up with me about a month ago, and I thought HE would be removing any trace of me from his life. His reason for breaking up was because he felt he wasn't ready to continue a long-term relationship, didn't feel ready.

I am making the effort to move on...slowly of course. I have taken down everything that reminds me of him/given me as people have advised, but I guess not on Facebook. He hasn't deleted any of his pictures of us, and neither have I. But I expected him to if HE was the one letting go. In fact, when he first broke the news, he told me he saved all the pictures of us 'cause he thought I would immediately delete them from FB. I didn't delete them because I saw that HE hadn't, but also because I didn't want to make a big obvious scene that we were broken up to people, not that I should care. It doesn't matter b/c I ended up deactivating mine for some time because I have to work on a huge project (this is all such bad timing).

But since HE isn't making an effort to delete pictures on facebook or even remove a video I made for him for our 1 year from YouTube (ended up removing it last night), what does this all mean? I'm not saying I want him to expunge everything of me but is it just a case of holding onto memories? How is he going to move on? I guess everyone copes with it differently...

everyone is different. I am the type to get rid of all memories because it helps me move on faster but there have been times where my girl and i threatened to break up and we never took pictures down so i still felt we were gonna work it out but one time we actually split for a couple weeks and i took it serious so took all pictures down and deleted her as my friend. then i knew it was serious but of course we worked it out. Over all facebook and myspace is all drama. DONT EVEN GO TO HIS PAGE! delete him if anything. It makes matters worse for you to see what he is up to. leave it alone!

Yeah seriously, it is all drama.

I mean if I made the effort to take down his stuff, I'm just counteracting getting over him by checking his facebook. Which is why I deactivated it so I don't spend so much lousy time on that thing...

But I guess since he hasn't really made the effort to delete me or get rid of the pictures, makes me think about a possibility of getting back with him - absurd, I know!!!

Thanks for your response, I was just curious as to how other people have handled it.

Archived