Mature.

GoneCrazy

Growing up is a choice but more often then not, it does just happen to people. Things happen in a person's life where sometimes the only choice they can make is to grow up or suffer for not doing it. Everyone is 'grown up' when they need to be, and just because someone acts immature, it doesn't necessarily mean they are. Maybe they're sick of having the responsibility of being mature and revert back to being immature because it is easier and honestly, theres usually nothing wrong with it. That's what I do.

I had to take care of my aunt when she almost died, then my dog when she got hit by a car, then babysit said aunt's kid; basically, sometimes becoming mature is forced upon you, and sometimes you just realize theres more to life and change yourself.

Realizing when you are in the wrong.

Realizing when something you are doing is immature.

Realizing when you've hit a limitation and when it is not wise to continue on.

That's being mature. It's about perspective and looking outside of yourself. Being humble and knowing that your words/actions affect others. It's about doing things you do not want to do for other people and not caring if they know you did them a favour.

For me maturity is about being aware of the impact our actions have (on both ourselves and on others), and as a product of that awareness, choosing to consistently moderate said actions in an effort to be a responsible partner, son, father, etc.

I see maturity in self-actualisation. It is valuing what is true and cogent over what is comforting. It is being aware of the quality of your thinking and being able to see through a false sense of self. It is recognising the propensity of the uncritical person towards bias, self-deception, arrogance, ignorance and intolerance; instead moving towards knowledge, understanding, humility, compassion and justice.

I see maturity in self-actualisation. It is valuing what is true and cogent over what is comforting. It is being aware of the quality of your thinking and being able to see through a false sense of self. It is recognising the propensity of the uncritical person towards bias, self-deception, arrogance, ignorance and intolerance; instead moving towards knowledge, understanding, humility, compassion and justice.

This is a perfect definition. Thanks!

Maslow would be proud with that definition. I agree.

Archived