Weird Situation, Or Is It Me?

SirLaughalot

Although the circumstances aren't quite the "normal" dating scenerio. Also, I must say that much of the time what is in my head isn't quite reality, or is the complete opposite of reality.

I just got out of a year long relationship about 3 months ago. I live in the same apartment building as my neighbor's best friend (who is the subject of this post), and she is staying with her until she finds a new apartment.

I met this woman when I was still with my ex girlfriend. Immediate attraction, as I was drawn to her, and she was drawn to me. Personality first and foremost, but she is also very beautiful. But I played it down largely, because I had a girlfriend. She would come over to see her friend, and of course, she is staying here now.

Now I'm single. The neighborhood had a large get-together with food and such a little over a week ago, and we all went. We really got to know each other better. Friends noticed, and it was obvious she seemed into me with the body language (touching, etc). We talked all night.

Next day, more time spent together. We went to eat, stayed up late again talking, hit it off even more. She was open about being interested. She texted very sweet messages after this for a couple of nights. Of course, I responded with the same.

A day had passed, and we met outside the building. Stayed up and talked even more, and she said she was afraid that I was scared she would intrude with her in the building, and assured me she would not. We agreed to date. She kissed me that night, and we kissed a lot more and then just stared at each other smiling. Very nice. The "connecting" stare.

The next couple of nights I took the reigns and texted her goodnight, and she texted back that I made her really happy doing so and she texted a bunch of sweet stuff.

I saw her yesterday, we kissed out back briefly, and she went out to run some errands. No text from her last night afterward, and no text tonight. I did notice she seemed a little "off" yesterday. Not really sure why, but said she was going to start getting more sleep this week (she does get up really early), but of course she probably won't because she's a night owl.

Which leads me to this dilemma. She has been open about respecting my space (I like that), and I told her I didn't want to crowd her either, since she is staying in the same building as I.

I haven't talked to her today, and no texts today or yesterday, when I saw her last and we kissed a lot for a brief moment. We are supposed to have dinner in two nights. It's so awkward, being that she is here!

On another note, I am 30 and so is she. I want to do this maturely: no games. We have communicated openly about really liking each other. She seems really mature, although she gets a little nervous around me (not in a bad way) and seems to show affection only at certain moments.

The last two days have been the most awkward. What to do? It's weird because I do not want to send mixed signals or give her the wrong impression.

Why not call her? Confirm dinner for two nights from now. And then tomorrow night text her goodnight.

Actually, too late tonight to call. Maybe a call tomorrow night about dinner? That is, if I don't see her.

And that's the weird thing about it. Of course, it's only been a week.

Actually, too late tonight to call. Maybe a call tomorrow night about dinner? That is, if I don't see her.

And that's the weird thing about it. Of course, it's only been a week.

Well - yeah - call when its an appropriate hour. I didn't imply "right this moment". If you don't see her the first half of the day tomorrow - call her. You said you wanted no games and she doesn't either so just go for it instead of trying to sit and interpret what she may or may not be feeling. If she was "off" because she was sick, you'll find out but don't mention you thought she was off. And also, its been just a couple days no big deal

Well - yeah - call when its an appropriate hour. I didn't imply "right this moment". If you don't see her the first half of the day tomorrow - call her. You said you wanted no games and she doesn't either so just go for it instead of trying to sit and interpret what she may or may not be feeling. If she was "off" because she was sick, you'll find out but don't mention you thought she was off. And also, its been just a couple days no big deal

Thanks. I think it may be all in my head. It's kind of difficult to know how to navigate this when she is staying in the same building.

I think she was "off" because she was tired, but still made out with me for a couple minutes. Hard to tell, you know?

Archived