I'm almost positive i'm going to move out now. It just feels like the right thing to do. I'm actually pretty excited about it, just to get a change going and not having to live in this apartment full of memories anymore.

I had a pretty good weekend considering the circumstances. I watched a lot of the NCAA tournament, but my team lost yesterday, I was out of the apartment for most of the weekend. I forgot how nice it was to get out. When my ex and i dated, we would usually stay in on the weekends and just hang out in my apartment. After she broke up with me, i didn't really feel like going out so i was still cooped up in here for most of the time. I'm going to be getting out a LOT from now on and get back to my social life. I've got a lot planned for this upcoming weekend too. Friday, i'm in a fishing tournament with my dad which is going to be awesome, i haven't been able to get out on the lake since last summer. Saturday is going to be pretty packed too, and any downtime i have i'm going to try and hang out with friends from back home.

It's only been a few days since this all happened, but i'm doing a lot better. Knowing that everything is finalized is really helping me to get over it. I couldn't have changed anything this time so i'm not beating myself up over it. It's not my fault that i was betrayed, it's all on them this time. It's their problem to deal with now.

I'm literally going through the exact same situation right now. And it's messed up man, he

hasn't even tried to contact me about it, which I think is a pretty cowardly move. I've

talked to the ex, she knows it's messed up and says she can't change who she likes.. I'm

still not sure about the whole situation. Pretty much cut ties with both for now.

I'm literally going through the exact same situation right now. And it's messed up man, he

hasn't even tried to contact me about it, which I think is a pretty cowardly move. I've

talked to the ex, she knows it's messed up and says she can't change who she likes.. I'm

still not sure about the whole situation. Pretty much cut ties with both for now.

Yeah, cutting ties is definitely best. It's best not to keep either of them around, it'll just hurt more. PM me if you ever need to vent or talk. Since we're in the situation, i figure we might be able to help each other out if something comes up. Stay strong man.

Sorry to hear it Rocky,

Sounds like you are handling it very well, in a far more mature manner than I would and I've got 16 years on you!

I suspect the same thing happened to me almost 2 years ago, but I could never prove it. Suffice to say when they met, things were good between us, then she dumped me a couple of days later ( when I introduced them in my flat there was obvious chemistry, and I saw them touching each other as we sat on the sofa ).

It was a sore one, but as I wasn't certain anything had happened, I had to let it slide.

With time, I forgot about the whole thing, and no longer care!

I hate this feeling. I hate my thoughts always being preoccupied with the two of them. I had already gone two and a half months feeling down about being broken up with. I hate knowing that i'm probably not even halfway done with the healing process now, and that i've got to sit through another few months of feeling like crap all the time. I just want to go home to my parents house where nothing reminds me of them. I wish i never had to see, hear about, or be in the same place as either of them ever again. I think that after the semester is over, and before summer classes begin, i'm going to spend a couple weeks at my parents house to help clear my mind. I just feel like i'm being drained of everything from trying to be strong. I feel empty. I'm going to take a little while off ENA. Maybe not coming here so much will help me quit thinking about all this.

• 2 weeks later...

Just reporting in on how i've been. Not coming to ENA has actually helped me stop thinking about things so much, i'm doing a lot better. I'm glad i'm single now. While i do miss having someone to share things with, i've realized that i shouldn't be in a rush to get into a serious relationship and settle down. I'm only twenty, i'm not even out of college yet and i have no idea what's going to happen after college. I just feel free now.

Looking back at her: She definitely was not the right girl for me. I went home for Easter and had a lot of fun. My dad and i went golfing and fishing quite a bit. That's one thing that she would NEVER do with me, go fishing. I LOVE to fish and if i'm going to settle down with someone, they're going to need to at least want to accompany me sometimes and not be grossed out or bored but enjoy themselves. I'm a country boy at heart and she doesn't have anything of the sort. I want someone who would want to go kayaking and camping with me for a few days at a time, or just get away into nature. Now i know though.

Looking back at him: When i first met him three years ago, he was actually a really good friend to me. Something changed in the past couple years though. He lost a lot of weight and got in shape and it seems that ever since then, he thinks he's God's gift to earth. He's gotten to be pretty selfish, and can be pretty mean sometimes if he thinks someone else will get a laugh out of it. He's not the kind of friend i want to have and i'm glad all this happened so i could get the both of them out of my life.

The day he told me, i sent her a text saying "You lied to me, you betrayed me, and you hurt me worse than i could ever hurt you. Don't ever talk to me again." I blocked her phone number, facebook, got rid of everything of hers, etc. As far as i know she hasn't tried to get in contact with me, and good riddance. I haven't tried to talk to her since, and i never will.

As for him, i just ignore him whenever he's around. A couple days after he told me, i actually told him "I can't believe you would throw away three years of friendship for some girl you've been seeing for a couple of weeks." All he could say was "Well, i've known her for a while..." I could tell he didn't even know what to say. That's a bull * * * * answer too. He knew her as MY girlfriend, not a potential date. I'm disappointed in myself for not seeing the caliber of person he is for myself, and letting this happen.

I can honestly say i don't have feelings for her anymore, or positive feelings anyway. As for him, i just plain dislike him. There's a party tomorrow at a friends place, and it's possible that they both might be there. I'm sure if they try and do anything in front of me i'll get pissed, but i doubt they would with all our friends there. The last time she saw me, she cried. That was knowing that i still wanted to be friends with her, but just wasn't talking to her. I hope she balls tomorrow if she's there because she probably thinks i hate her. Maybe he'll get the message that he's just a rebound and realize what a * * * * ty person he is if he sees her crying over me.

Archived